Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Aug 19, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #9,197 of 10,933
Haha, cheers guys!

It's a leather + suede MR2 seat that i picked up for $100. Cleaned it up and converted it to an office chair. Fully adjustable and more comfortable than all the sub $1K office chairs.

Aug 20, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #9,199 of 10,933
Terrible Pic....yes
Cluttered small desk...yes
But none of that matters when I close my eyes and listen

rMBP into Schiit Wyrd/Modi/Magni -> Grado SR325e
                                        `>Sys -> JBL LRS305

Aug 21, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #9,200 of 10,933
Thought Ild dig the Hybrids out for a listen.
First time Ive heard them since buying the T70p's 
And I have to say as much as I LOVE the Tesla's,
These Hybrids with the old 531 drivers still sound amazing! :)

For some reason I can't upload pics, Will sort it in a while...

Aug 21, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #9,202 of 10,933
What headphones do you tend to reach for gaming?

Well my main game is CS:GO, and I usually use the AKGs because I feel like the soundstage and positioning is better. But if I'm playing a single player game I might use the Beyerdynamics for better immersion. Also, the bass is awesome for some of the more action packed games. I did use the Beyers for a while in CS:GO and there's certainly nothing wrong with them for that purpose, but I think the AKGs are just slightly better for a more competitive shooter.

Aug 21, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #9,203 of 10,933
  Well my main game is CS:GO, and I usually use the AKGs because I feel like the soundstage and positioning is better. But if I'm playing a single player game I might use the Beyerdynamics for better immersion. Also, the bass is awesome for some of the more action packed games. I did use the Beyers for a while in CS:GO and there's certainly nothing wrong with them for that purpose, but I think the AKGs are just slightly better for a more competitive shooter.

Cool. I dabbled in CS years ago (not GO), and battlefield - but I don't seem to be able to find the time to game anymore due to study and exams 
frown.gif

Btw I just noticed you've got two mice going. Are you testing them out or have you set them on different dpi settings (for different guns or games)? I have a previous gen razer deathadder 3.5G black version without the lights - a right little trooper, still going strong.

Aug 21, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #9,204 of 10,933
  Cool. I dabbled in CS years ago (not GO), and battlefield - but I don't seem to be able to find the time to game anymore due to study and exams 
frown.gif

Btw I just noticed you've got two mice going. Are you testing them out or have you set them on different dpi settings (for different guns or games)? I have a previous gen razer deathadder 3.5G black version without the lights - a right little trooper, still going strong.

Yea, I have a Steelseries Sensei Raw and a Razer Naga. The Naga is only for when I play MMOs, which I don' too often these days but I just keep it hooked up. The Sensei is my everyday mouse and has a handy button to toggle between 2 DPI settings. I myself use 450 for CS:GO, 1260 for just about everything else.

Aug 22, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #9,205 of 10,933
  Thought I'd share my desk setup. Please excuse the crappy iPhone pics...

Nice! What rank on csgo? ^^

Aug 22, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #9,207 of 10,933

Nova 1, I started from nova 3, dropped to silver elite and climbing back up because of 3 ragequits in a row and stupid plays.
Add me ;D

Alright hehe:) I'm dmg! But I guess you're from America?

Aug 22, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #9,209 of 10,933
  Currently a double AK, though it's possible I may go lower. *sigh* I was once a DMG.....lol. I Just started playing more MM again and I just keep getting rekt

Nova 1, I started from nova 3, dropped to silver elite and climbing back up because of 3 ragequits in a row and stupid plays.
Add me ;D

Nice! What rank on csgo? ^^

Lets all play CS:GO some time. I am a MG elite (double AK) too. my steam username is: friscothecat 
I use my DT880 for gaming and Alpha Dogs for music. AKG K701 is similar in that regards to sound positioning and echo location. The DT880 is relatively dry and fast sounding versus my Alpha Dog which has more punch and liquid mid range for vocals

Aug 22, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #9,210 of 10,933
I'm seeing a lot of ranks but not enough usernames :p
My profile is in my signature below for whoever wants to add me, otherwise I'm currently in the Head-Fi group here:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/head-fi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back