Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Apr 7, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #10,561 of 10,933
Nice system but that case is HUGE for an m-ITX only.
Haha unfortunately the big case is a necessity :/ I'd prefer a smaller form factor but two major factors prevent that one is that this Asus Strix OC-Edition RTX 2080Ti is HUGE couldn't find a itx case big enough and those that could can barely fit it causing the GPU fans to be suffocated and that since my CPU is Overclocked I have to use a Liquid cooling system and No itx case is gonna let me have that and the huge GPU without at best constraining the space alot which would cause alot of overheating problems :/ So far only this ATX Case atleast gives me enough space for airflow and ALOT of fans even then on load I can feel really hot air from my exhaust fans even then sometimes when I take the side panel off I'm greeted by a flash of hot air and that's all from the GOU cuz my Liquid cooling radiator is venting directly out and not in the case !
Small price to pay to play games on max settings maintaning atleast 120FPS @ 1440p Resolution !

Apr 14, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #10,565 of 10,933
image0.jpg

My Audeze LCD's tied to a 2018 MacBook Pro 15. I would like to get the Mac Pro someday.

Apr 14, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #10,566 of 10,933
Apr 14, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #10,567 of 10,933
Oh! Is that Vanguard: Saga of Heroes?!

just kidding

LoL :D... I am rather curious if any folks here built music-based computer which aren't gaming oriented?

Apr 15, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #10,568 of 10,933
LoL :D... I am rather curious if any folks here built music-based computer which aren't gaming oriented?
I built a cmp2 box and did all the software tweaks and some of the hardware like a separate psu for the HDD IIRC.

The main site may trigger some warnings presumably because of the remote code so I am linking to a forum that talks about it:

https://www.audioasylum.com/messages/pcaudio/27041/cmp-the-open-source-high-end-memory-player

Its software has been safe for me and well it is intended for PCs that are not connected to the internet...

Here is what it looks like in action. Very low power low process zero graphics no email, all it does is play audio:

Though that vid doesnt show the coolest thing. All the selections and vc is done from the mouse scroll wheel. no moving the mouse around.

if you think software and os settings make no difference do this project and learn

Apr 16, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #10,569 of 10,933
Loving my SMSL SU-8 and Jot running on my R7 tower. I use this to listen to my ~1500 digital albums on my PC.

IMG_20190416_104548.jpg

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #10,571 of 10,933
I made my PC computer both gaming and workstation oriented, I'd say this works well for music :)
no doubt it works well, but is it the best it can sound?

What audio optimizing have you done?

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #10,572 of 10,933
no doubt it works well, but is it the best it can sound?

What audio optimizing have you done?

It is complicated when it comes to software, even my windows install is customized, and for work purposes, so can't really show much from that.

As for hardware, none, and none is needed. The PSU of a PC will always be noisy, if you can isolate it from the listening setup by using an optical cable, or galvanic isolated USB. That's pretty much all I would recommend for customizing a PC for audio...

There are tons of software tricks, LOTS.

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #10,573 of 10,933
It is complicated when it comes to software, even my windows install is customized, and for work purposes, so can't really show much from that.

As for hardware, none, and none is needed. The PSU of a PC will always be noisy, if you can isolate it from the listening setup by using an optical cable, or galvanic isolated USB. That's pretty much all I would recommend for customizing a PC for audio...

There are tons of software tricks, LOTS.
This is why it needs to be dedicated to audio only. Work config is very different than what is needed for audio. If you dedicate it is possible these days to run the (fanless) pc off a linear psu.

Agree about isolating the dac though optical and usb don't seem to be a panacea, and software and windows settings all affect it. My preferred method to get the dac outside the computer is ethernet (not dlna) and even then the computer makes a huge difference in the sound.

Focusrite has a good guide to get most of the improvements you can get and if you just threw in the os and attached a usb dac and loaded a player and think it sounds great, it can be better and this guide is great:

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207355205-Optimising-your-PC-for-Audio-on-Windows-10

Apr 16, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #10,574 of 10,933
Ive always been curious about this, but for my uses with loudspeaker emulation I've got several other programs running, ooyh, eqapo, voicemeter, and mpc/madvr for movies, so focused more on gaming specs, fast and stable power, then usb isolation and regeneration after the pc. I dont know that pc end software and hardware audio tweaks would be beneficial.

Apr 16, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #10,575 of 10,933
Ive always been curious about this, but for my uses with loudspeaker emulation I've got several other programs running, ooyh, eqapo, voicemeter, and mpc/madvr for movies, so focused more on gaming specs, fast and stable power, then usb isolation and regeneration after the pc. I dont know that pc end software and hardware audio tweaks would be beneficial.
I think it would be. You can try the link I posted from focusrite. Its all undoable stuff if it affects the non audio parts. But best to just get a computer for audio. Some philes are using a tricked out pc to feed the toned down audio pc.

If you are into gaming specs you may be over clocking. If your mobo lets you try under clocking and under volting and see how that changes the sound.

Also some players just sound better IME. Try hysolid and see what you think.

Warning: you may find yourself doing registry hacks for better sound one day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back