Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Apr 28, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #10,591 of 10,930
yHCbbKI.jpg

Still trying to find my near-field end-game, but I think I'm getting close...still trying to debate diamond tweeter vs coaxial

Apr 28, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #10,592 of 10,930
yHCbbKI.jpg

Still trying to find my near-field end-game, but I think I'm getting close...still trying to debate diamond tweeter vs coaxial
Nice looking studio setup. I know next to nothing about sound treatment but did you find that it made a big difference in your room?

May 3, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #10,596 of 10,930
Is that an RSeat RS1 rig? Looks very nice. I’ve got a Sim Lab P1 rig which is great but was a pain to put together and is matched with a relatively cheap OMP TRS-E seat which doesn’t look that great..

May 4, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #10,601 of 10,930
My dream setup, Chord Hugo 2 with an Uptone ISO Regen/LPS 1.2 and Sonore DC-4 cable + Curious USB cable. Listening to the chain on a set of Empire Ears Legend X and PW Audio 1960's. Extra, super special, custom hand-built Lego stand and a Crane stand for my laptop. Running DSD512 through a Macbook Pro and BitPerfect + iTunes.

It is the best sounding setup that I have owned. Resolving, transparent, and musical, it is everything I ever wanted out of a transportable rig. I don't really have that many words to say as I have been lost in the music since I've assembled everything a few days ago. I have been trying to recreate the feeling of being at (((Stereo))) in Montreal, an after-hours club that has North America's best sound system (as touted by many international artists that have played there), while at the comfort of my own desk. The club itself is the best in Canada by far as it caters to the underground techno and house that the Europeans are known for. It's really an experience that cannot be described with words and one that needs to be experienced for themselves. Anyways, enjoy the pics and music! I threw in a mix by Pan-Pot @ Stereo from 2013, it's a 6 hour mix and I was there for 4 of it, this rig brings me right back to that dance floor and disco ball.

PS. Also biggest disco ball in NA :)

10286131.jpg
10286133.jpg
10286134.jpg

May 4, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #10,602 of 10,930
Is that an RSeat RS1 rig? Looks very nice. I’ve got a Sim Lab P1 rig which is great but was a pain to put together and is matched with a relatively cheap OMP TRS-E seat which doesn’t look that great..
It is. I am thinking about going SimLab as I just got my DD1 and the RS1 flexes a bit.

May 5, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #10,603 of 10,930
It is. I am thinking about going SimLab as I just got my DD1 and the RS1 flexes a bit.
No flex at all with the P1 running a Simracingbay OSW Mige. It’s awesome. Apologies for the off topic comment!

May 5, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #10,605 of 10,930
Command central, as it were. The first photo is the desk, two sets of keyboard and mice: one of the gaming PC, and the other for my Mac laptop that you see on the left. The laptop has two CalDigit T-Bolt 3 docks connected to it, and those docks are connected to:
  • 3 4K displays
  • keyboard and mouse
  • network
  • Schiit Modi Multi
The desk is also a corner Uplift so I can work while standing if I want. I don't PC game while standing; that's way too awkward and uncomfortable.
IMG_0358.jpeg

A shot of the iPad that's controlling my Mackie DL32R mixer.
IMG_0359.jpeg

A very bad photo, due to the window behind it blowing everything out. But: the Senn HD820 cans on top of the Senn HDV820 amp. The Mackie is on the floor below everything running point for all things audio in and out for both PC and Mac.
IMG_0360.jpeg

And another bad photo, again due to the same window blowing everything the F out. But here's the gaming beast sitting behind a Mackie MR524 monitor that I use for surround sound. I've got five of those monitors placed around the desk, along with the sub on the floor to accompany everything. When I'm playing single player campaign games where timely audio location isn't as important, I'll opt for the full-on surround sound for the sake of immersion. Elsewise I'm using the aforementioned Senn cans.
IMG_0361.jpeg

I can go into deets of the system of folks want, but the link in my signature has all the pertinent info. Interior photos of the PC can also be done if wanted, but... it's... messy. :) I don't worry too much about cable management because it actually doesn't affect anything. But if folks want to see, I'll crack the case open and try to take a few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back