Pico Slim first impressions and reviews thread. See p31 onwards for a couple of solid reviews + pics + useful info.
May 12, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #331 of 939
I am waiting for more burn in. 

May 12, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #333 of 939

Quote:
It's just an amp, it's not going to be so different with other IEMs.

Great reply....I wish more people kept is as simple as it actually is. Relax and enjoy whatever great gear you choose to buy. IMO it's better to invest in well mastered music than pay a premium for minute, barely audible (and often questionable) differences between high quality portable amps.

May 12, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #334 of 939
No, it's more important to buy a hifiman and then buy music! haha, just kidding :)

On a sidenote, this amp really looks nice with the square shaped nano :)

Quote:

Great reply....I wish more people kept is as simple as it actually is. Relax and enjoy whatever great gear you choose to buy. IMO it's better to invest in well mastered music than pay a premium for minute, barely audible (and often questionable) differences between high quality portable amps.

May 12, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #335 of 939
I am impressed with this little amp. I'm not particularly good at expressing the subtle nuances of my critical listening experience like so many others that I admire for that skill that regularly post here at Head-Fi. However, I must say that I have never been as impressed, right out of the box, by any of the other amps that I have owned. The expanse of the soundstage, the tight "punchiness" of the bass, and the clarity of the highs are wonderful. The synergy of the Pico Slim with my Westone 3's and my 3G iPod Nano is very enjoyable. I thought that my Pico Amp (USB/DAC) and my Tomahawk were portable, the Pico Slim redefines portable for me. I'm very pleased with this purchase...

May 12, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #336 of 939
Here's my impressions of the pico slim with er4p/s  --> 
eek.gif
etysmile.gif

May 13, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #337 of 939

Quote:
I am impressed with this little amp. I'm not particularly good at expressing the subtle nuances of my critical listening experience like so many others that I admire for that skill that regularly post here at Head-Fi. However, I must say that I have never been as impressed, right out of the box, by any of the other amps that I have owned. The expanse of the soundstage, the tight "punchiness" of the bass, and the clarity of the highs are wonderful. The synergy of the Pico Slim with my Westone 3's and my 3G iPod Nano is very enjoyable. I thought that my Pico Amp (USB/DAC) and my Tomahawk were portable, the Pico Slim redefines portable for me. I'm very pleased with this purchase...

So the bass is more defined and has more impact? What about overall bass quantity and warmth? Also, what about transparency?

May 14, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #344 of 939
Pico Slim and balanced operation

I'm very curious to hear what balancing an HP can do.  I have HP that are balanced but I don't have an amp (balanced or unbalanced).  I'm #128 on the Slim waiting list.  This will be my first HP amp.  Just wondering if there is some way to input one channel to the slim and get a single channel balanced output.

Anyone got an idea and explanation of how to go about this. 

Two Slims anyone?  This is what happens while one is passing time on the waiting list.

TIA,   George

Users who are viewing this thread

Back