Pico Slim first impressions and reviews thread. See p31 onwards for a couple of solid reviews + pics + useful info.
Jul 31, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #541 of 939

Quote:
You may want to take a look at this case,  I bought it for my mini and my 4g photo Ipod. Unfortunately I have not had a chance to try the case due to my extended stay in the hospital

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110472090445&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Thanks, ill check it out, but i fear that it might be a bit too big overall and bulky to carry around in my pockets.

Jul 31, 2010 at 8:59 AM Post #542 of 939
After having the Slim, it's pretty hard to use some of my headphones without it, the RE0 especially.  I can't wait to try the Slim with some of my newer headphone/gear that I wait impatiently for.

For cases, I generally just use a thick rubber band and strapped it to my Fuze (The Slim with its leather case and Fuze with its case) and then either use the belt clip or toss it into my man bag, lol...It's functional!

Jul 31, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #543 of 939

Quote:
Thanks, ill check it out, but i fear that it might be a bit too big overall and bulky to carry around in my pockets.

That's what some of the online reviews say, I think it may have a belt loop though not sure since it will be a couple of weeks at least before I can pick mine up from the post office. Main reason for purchasing is the fact that you can put both Ipod, amp, and lod in same case. Also you may still be able to find this case for $1 which imo you can't go wrong at that price

Aug 1, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #544 of 939
I've added these pictures to the first post:

Oyaide/FiiO L5 LOD, Whiplash TWAG LOD, Pico Slim, iPhone 3GS:

Slim/iPhone 3GS thickness comparison:

Slim/iPhone 4 comparison: (They are the same thickness):

Aug 11, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #548 of 939

Quote:
the iphone charger works fine.  that is what i use when traveling. 

Great.  That's what I want to do with it too.  No need to bring all these chargers on vacation!

Aug 12, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #550 of 939
@lucozade, you're welcome.

Aug 31, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #551 of 939
Seems atleast 200 people have got their pico slims.. But no new reviews .. How come .. Please post reviews and your experiences .. I am waiting to get mine but looks like it will be a while ..

Thanks
PC

Aug 31, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #552 of 939
^ Pico Slim is freakin' awesome. End of review.

tongue.gif

Sep 1, 2010 at 8:21 AM Post #554 of 939
Yeah there isn't much discussion on this amp which I figure is because everyone is so busy enjoying theirs right? Well might aswell add my bit:

Volume control is quite amazing, very smooth and provides alot of range for IEMs and portables (like ESW9), which is quite a welcome considering that most amps have too much gain and limit you to the beginning of the volume pot.

Noise floor is great too, no audible hiss until you are well beyond the 2 o'clock position - far beyond safe listening volume. Amp itself sounds very transparent, can't tell that it has any colouration - just well detailed and separated sound.

Justin has again come up with a solid amp, and the fact it all fits in such a small footprint is even more amazing. Bravo!

Now where can I get a bigger version of that volume control to replace the RK27 in my CKKIII =P.

Sep 1, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #555 of 939
Is it possible to order or pre order these at this point? Their website is pretty darn confusing and just points to a bunch of threads here that have no info about ordering. Anyone have any info on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back