Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Jan 5, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #2,911 of 3,308
Just dug out my old PFE022 with grey filters and changed the silicone tips to Comply T130 tips and wow.......
etysmile.gif

etysmile.gif

etysmile.gif
 simply amazing smooth sound without sacrificing detail 
etysmile.gif

etysmile.gif

etysmile.gif
. I'll be using this everyday while commuting from now onward. Never realized how much I missed the Phonaks till today.

Jan 6, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #2,912 of 3,308
PFE232 was my 1st serious IEM! Loved them so much! Clear and balanced sound with nice soundstage! Bass was perfect on them. Deep, fast and accurate. I used them for 2 and half years and I never had any problem with them. 

Jan 24, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #2,914 of 3,308
I've been loving my PFEs for nearly six years and am considering buying a pair for a friend before they go extinct.
Unfortunately, the 132s and 232s are long gone. I'd like to know if the 012/022/111 lines include the filter fitting tool?

Thank You!

Jan 24, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #2,915 of 3,308
  I've been loving my PFEs for nearly six years and am considering buying a pair for a friend before they go extinct.
Unfortunately, the 132s and 232s are long gone. I'd like to know if the 012/022/111 lines include the filter fitting tool?

Thank You!

six years? wow did you use it rarely to last that long?
for filter fitting tool unfortunately no, only 1xx model include it.

Jan 24, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #2,916 of 3,308
Actually, I am on my third pair of 112 PFEs. I purchased my first pair in April of 2009. They died in October of 2009. I was sent a replacement which died in October of 2010.The second replacement pair I received in October 2010 have performed flawlessly to this day (I use them daily).

I was able to get a new pair of PFE 232s at $240 this week via a liquidation sale at EarphoneSolutions.
I have listened to them for the first time today and love them!

I hope to use PFEs for the rest of my life and have decided to stock up on liquidated models.
I currently have a sealed pair of 132s which I purchased in June of 2013 for $99 and just ordered a pair of 012s for $40 from Earphone Solutions.
I now have my 2010 112s, new 232s, sealed 132s & 022s to fall back on. I hope these 4 pairs of PFEs will last me for the next 70 years.
I can't see myself using any other brand. I love my PFEs that much!
L3000.gif

Feb 5, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #2,918 of 3,308
Have pfe112 with grey filter. Thought they sounded a little thin compared to HF3 on iphone. Now using Hidizs AP100. Wow. The PFEs just needed more power!

So I decided to pick up 2 sets of pfe022 perfect bass with the green filter. Not a bass head so I also ordered black filters. Tried both. No joy. Just didn't like the sound nearly as much as with the grey. Couldn't find Greys for sale anywhere. Was bummed.

Couldn't figure the physical difference between the filters. As I had plenty of greens and blacks I tried experimenting. Pin hole in the center of greens! To my ears, almost the same as grey! YMMV. Pushing 50 and can't hear much over 15K.

For those that want - but can't find grey - this may be a viable option.

Gregg

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #2,920 of 3,308
Have pfe112 with grey filter. Thought they sounded a little thin compared to HF3 on iphone. Now using Hidizs AP100. Wow. The PFEs just needed more power!

So I decided to pick up 2 sets of pfe022 perfect bass with the green filter. Not a bass head so I also ordered black filters. Tried both. No joy. Just didn't like the sound nearly as much as with the grey. Couldn't find Greys for sale anywhere. Was bummed.

Couldn't figure the physical difference between the filters. As I had plenty of greens and blacks I tried experimenting. Pin hole in the center of greens! To my ears, almost the same as grey! YMMV. Pushing 50 and can't hear much over 15K.

For those that want - but can't find grey - this may be a viable option.

Gregg

I also do the pinhole on green filter previously, it almost the same indeed though I noticed the grey filter have better extensions on upper treble, after some experiment I found that it result better if you puncture it with smaller multiple hole, that extend the upper treble as opposed to lower treble close to grey filter.

Feb 24, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #2,922 of 3,308
Have been listening to my PFE 012s for a week or so must say very good for the price. They came with the green filter which I found was to harsh (pre burnin). I had also ordered extra green filters to get the tool $8 with code and the grays
too. They came a few days later. I put the grays in and wow what a difference. They smoothed out the harshness big time while keeping acceptable bass. There still in burnin but sounding much better. I also put Klispch medium tips on them as I'm use to waring them. I have extra green and gray filters if anyone would be interested in trading some blacks for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back