Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
May 6, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #2,943 of 3,308
I think it was asked fairly recently but not sure anyone responded. Has anyone tried T100 tips on the PFE? With Radioshack closing stores the tips can be had for really cheap. Thanks.

May 6, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #2,946 of 3,308
  I honestly have no idea, I am just looking for the flattest sound I can find. I would like a heavy bass IEM though, for my collection.

Try this thread - more comparisons and not that many pages.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/539710/news-discussion-impression-phonak-aud-o-pfe232/1065#post_11455802

All of these have been discontinued so they are not that easy to find.  You can still buy the 022 for $40 at Earphonesolutions - pretty awesome deal if you ask me.  I currently have 122 and 232 and love them both.  The 122 might be more flat but may not have the bass you are looking for.  The 232, I feel, has a bit more treble with the bass.  These are one of my favorite IEMs.   

May 6, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #2,947 of 3,308
  I honestly have no idea, I am just looking for the flattest sound I can find. I would like a heavy bass IEM though, for my collection.

If you're looking for flattest sound from phonak then pfe 0xx or 1xx with grey filter. Sound wise imagine Quadbeat 2 with less warm(mid bass) sound and add slightly more sparkle on treble.

May 8, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #2,948 of 3,308
FYI for those wondering Comply 100 size tips do fit. I purchased some S100 tips and they fit fine. A little more snug than the 130 but they fit.

May 9, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #2,949 of 3,308
  FYI for those wondering Comply 100 size tips do fit. I purchased some S100 tips and they fit fine. A little more snug than the 130 but they fit.

Good to know. The standard t100 are much easier to find (as far as I know the t130 are only available directly from comply)

May 16, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #2,950 of 3,308
Hi. After the obligatory 15 min search can't' find any info. Has anyone tried the shure triple flange tips with their pfe's? Do they fit correctly. I have the etymotic grey triple flange and, while I like them, there is something about the sound that is missing. Very subtle. So far my favorite sound is with the comply t100 I got for $3 at a closing radio shack, however I really like the isolation of the Etymotic triple flange.

So my questions are;

Has anyone tried the sure triple flange with their phonak pfe?

How do the shure triple flange tips compare to the etymotic?

Which size shure triple flange (if there are diff sizes) is closest to the etymotic triple flange? 

Thanks!

May 16, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #2,951 of 3,308
From my memory the PFE bore is wider than the Shures, so it's likely that the Shure tips won't fit unless you REALLY try to squeeze it in or you somehow stretch the rubber tube enough, or remove the inner rubber tube on the foams (this obviously isn't possible on the triple flanges).

May 17, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #2,952 of 3,308
  Hi. After the obligatory 15 min search can't' find any info. Has anyone tried the shure triple flange tips with their pfe's? Do they fit correctly. I have the etymotic grey triple flange and, while I like them, there is something about the sound that is missing. Very subtle. So far my favorite sound is with the comply t100 I got for $3 at a closing radio shack, however I really like the isolation of the Etymotic triple flange.

So my questions are;

Has anyone tried the sure triple flange with their phonak pfe?

How do the shure triple flange tips compare to the etymotic?

Which size shure triple flange (if there are diff sizes) is closest to the etymotic triple flange? 

Thanks!

Based on rinchoi measurement I think narrow and long tips like triple flange from etymotic or shure worsen the sound by attenuate the highs while also produce peak at midrange.
also see the effect of various tips here: http://rinchoi.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-effect-of-ear-sleeves-most.html

May 17, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #2,953 of 3,308
I had the first PFEs, then the replacement with better cable. I never tried the green filters when I had my PFE. I just went for that $40 deal since I don't have my PFE and wanted some as a back up for if my TF10 crap out. Are the "perfect bass" the same as the original only with green filters? Do they come with the black filters at least? How horrible do the green filters sound? I didn't know they stopped making PFEs until I ordered mine. Are we going to be SOL on getting new filters soon? Oh well only $40 I guess.

May 18, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #2,955 of 3,308
I
I had the first PFEs, then the replacement with better cable. I never tried the green filters when I had my PFE. I just went for that $40 deal since I don't have my PFE and wanted some as a back up for if my TF10 crap out. Are the "perfect bass" the same as the original only with green filters? Do they come with the black filters at least? How horrible do the green filters sound? I didn't know they stopped making PFEs until I ordered mine. Are we going to be SOL on getting new filters soon? Oh well only $40 I guess.

I think the green filters sound really nice. I thought the grey was too harsh. But that was pre burn in. I'd love to try the black. Many love the grey. But these and my sound magic pl30's are alternate IEMs for me so am not as concerned with the sound signature. I just use them straight out of the phone or iPod around the city. "Street buds" I believe is what some people would call them. They really are great sounding IEMs for $40. Cent beat it. I got great isolation with the etymotic tips, but I am still on the hunt for an even more perfect tip. Right now it's the sport comply's. Great for the city streets since the isolation is not great. Safer. And the sound signature is a little less fatiguing this way as far as I can tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back