Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Aug 2, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #902 of 1,072
  Wow just realized you're in Toronto. do you know any local shops there that sell the philip she3590? 

Check Target. I'm in BC and they were selling them for 14.99. London Drugs may also have them for 7.99 but they may only be available in remote locations now as they don't seem to restock them (I'm from Surrey and they were only available in places like Ladner).

I had the SHE3580 well before the hype and didn't think much about them until I read this thread many years later. The wiring on the right side has torn but it is still fully-functional. Bought an SHE3590 more recently.

They are a bit sibilant but not "thick" like the Audio-Technica CKM500 (they broke :frowning2:). Soundstage is a bit wider than my CK323M as well. (don't bother with this, good-looking Japan-only IEM, nice treble but rather laid-back sound, muddy bass and average soundstage, annoying microphonic cable).

I use them with my Audio-Technica tips, which seem to isolate a bit better, it also seems to give a fuller sound, but they are a bit fatiguing to wear. I tried forcing on my Klipsch S4 tips which seem to take off a lot of siblance but then the soundstage sounds very congested. (strangely they made the S4 more sibilant)

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #903 of 1,072
These IEM's have an exaggerated V shaped sound signature. A lot of bass and a lot of exaggerated treble. If you are looking for a neutral sound signature the philips are not for you.

They seem to respond pretty nicely to EQing. Also, I'm getting good noise isolation with inexpensive foam tips I bought on ebay.

Even at $10, these are hard to recommend in stock form. You'll have to experiment with tips if you want better noise isolation and experiment with EQ settings.

I use these every once in a while, primarily when I want/need very good noise isolation.

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #905 of 1,072
Do these have more or less bass than Audio technical m50? I have the M50s and want a cheap earbud because my apple earpods lack subbass. The m50 bass is perfect for me, any more and it's too much and any less doesn't feel right.

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #906 of 1,072
These IEM's have an exaggerated V shaped sound signature. A lot of bass and a lot of exaggerated treble. If you are looking for a neutral sound signature the philips are not for you.

They seem to respond pretty nicely to EQing. Also, I'm getting good noise isolation with inexpensive foam tips I bought on ebay.

Even at $10, these are hard to recommend in stock form. You'll have to experiment with tips if you want better noise isolation and experiment with EQ settings.

I use these every once in a while, primarily when I want/need very good noise isolation.

i actually found the stock tips pretty good, its not flimsy or too hard. its pretty good for a cheap earphone! try wearing them over the ear ( i couldn't use the she3590 with the cable down) my ear canals are deep i guess
Do these have more or less bass than Audio technical m50? I have the M50s and want a cheap earbud because my apple earpods lack subbass. The m50 bass is perfect for me, any more and it's too much and any less doesn't feel right.

i think its definitely worth a shot! their not good to compare because one is an over ear and the other is a small in ear. but for the price the she3580s/90s have a tight bass and very deep reaching too, and the treble i find is less harsh than the m50s. 

i never a/bed them side to side but i was never fond of the treble on the m50s. 

plus their discontinued so there gonna be gone soon, its definitely worth a shot! plus its cheap!

Aug 6, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #907 of 1,072
So I have three pairs of 3590s but I ordered a 3580 from amazon just to see if they really were the same. Initial impressions are that they are indeed different. 3580 has more bass and less treble, mids super recessed and has a warmer darker tone. The 3590 plays louder too with increased clarity and treble sparkle (which is kinda annoying during a/b testing). However, this is fresh out the box so will burn in and change tips around, since the 3580 tips seem a little different, a little less flimsy and this might provide a better fit\seal. Also the 3580 do indeed have a round nozzle while 3590 has oval nozzles, surely this has to affect sound.

Aug 9, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #908 of 1,072
So SHE3570 is almost gone from brazilian store, and the SHE3590 was never found.
Althought one new model appeared, the SHE3900, anyone tried them?
They look really well build for the price.
I found an unboxing on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbxqkrZ-Fco)

Aug 10, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #909 of 1,072

i actually found the stock tips pretty good, its not flimsy or too hard. its pretty good for a cheap earphone! try wearing them over the ear ( i couldn't use the she3590 with the cable down) my ear canals are deep i guess
i think its definitely worth a shot! their not good to compare because one is an over ear and the other is a small in ear. but for the price the she3580s/90s have a tight bass and very deep reaching too, and the treble i find is less harsh than the m50s. 

i never a/bed them side to side but i was never fond of the treble on the m50s. 

plus their discontinued so there gonna be gone soon, its definitely worth a shot! plus its cheap!

The stock tips are not bad. They're about average in noise isolation and fit. I'm getting better noise isolation from cheapo foam tips from ebay. I just think foam tips are better in general for noise isolation. I think the average user will find the stock tips sufficient however.

Aug 21, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #912 of 1,072
I'm recently own this Philips SHE-3580 and really impressed with its performance. Although I hate the fact that the cable is easily worn out as I use it in everyday when I'm going to work. I'm here because I'm planning to buy other in-ear earphone and I need suggestions and opinions.

I want an earphone with this characteristics.

1.) same sound as this Philips SHE-3580 
2.) in-ear
3.) flat wires (tangle free wires)
4.) below 40$ (low budget)
5.) Widely Available (I don't want to buy online)

any suggestion and opinions are much appreciated. :D I'm from Philippines BTW. 

Aug 21, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #913 of 1,072
I'm recently own this Philips SHE-3580 and really impressed with its performance. Although I hate the fact that the cable is easily worn out as I use it in everyday when I'm going to work. I'm here because I'm planning to buy other in-ear earphone and I need suggestions and opinions.

I want an earphone with this characteristics.

1.) same sound as this Philips SHE-3580 
2.) in-ear
5.) Widely Available (I don't want to buy online)

any suggestion and opinions are much appreciated. :D I'm from Philippines BTW. 

Im afraid how you gonna get response abt last point...as most of us buy all our gears online ONLY....maybe only .01% buy thru their local shops visiting there physically.....

Aug 21, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #914 of 1,072
Im afraid how you gonna get response abt last point...as most of us buy all our gears online ONLY....maybe only .01% buy thru their local shops visiting there physically.....

thanks for the reply sir. we have a shop here in Philippines called audiohub wherein they sell different types of earphones and headsets with shop warranty. I'm planning to buy something sounds like this she-35++. as if im not that great at picking earphones, i'm here to take suggestions and opinions for my next IEM with such characteristic as follows. 

1.) same sound as this Philips SHE-3590
2.) in-ear

but i really dont have any IEM before Philips she-3590 so i dont have much experience in picking out IEM's

Aug 21, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #915 of 1,072
Is it Egghead Audiohub? That's the only thing I can find about an Audiohub in Phillipines. They look like they have a lot of good things there, so go in and listen to different things and see what you like. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back