Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Aug 23, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #931 of 1,072
Thanks for the reply and concern guys. Yes, i like the VSD3\S3 but it seem that we dont have it here in Philippines\local stores. I dont prefer buying online as I want the IEM with store warranty.

I have a new IEM here and i want you guys to have a little suggestion/ opinion with "TTPOD T1E". Thanks guys. Answers will be much appreciated. Sorry for my bad english.

TTPOD T1E --- you will find lot of info on this thread(link below) and recently an user (twister6) posted his review in the same page....chk for yourself.....

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/6300#post_10820569

Aug 23, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #932 of 1,072
The newer 2013 or 2014 3590s have the oval nozzles for a more "ergonomic comfort fit" as they put it. The older 3590s had round nozzles. Anyway, the comply T400s fit fine on them and I can't tell of any leaks although it does make the core oval shaped. I think it muffles the sound too much and I prefer silicone tips in terms of both bass and treble, FWIW.

Sp the she3590s were not discontinued after all?
How does the oval nozzles affect the sound?
I have a pair of she3580 and i am about to grab 2 pairs of black she3590s for 5 euros each as a back up....

The she3590 sounds the same as the 3580 right?

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #933 of 1,072
I have a pair of she3580 and i am about to grab 2 pairs of black she3590s for 5 euros each as a back up....

Yeah they pretty much sound the same to me. I don't hear any difference in the oval shape either. 

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #935 of 1,072

its all about fit....affects no sound.the oval nozzle/tips (klipsch) fits snuggy with our oval ear canals.....

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #936 of 1,072
its all about fit....affects no sound.the oval nozzle/tips (klipsch) fits snuggy with our oval ear canals.....

But are discontinued or not? XD

If i wanted to get a upgrade to these philips while maintaining the same type of sound what would recomend me?
I also like the sound of the hd25's and over ear momentums....

Something not very expensive....

I have been looking at these guys: xiaomi piston 2, v sonic vsd1 and vsd1s, vsd 3s, havi b3 pro 1 and the rha ma750i.....

Any of these resembles the sound of the philips but better? 

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #937 of 1,072
  Thanks Zap.... But are they being discontinued or not? I am confused.... XD

I'm not sure myself, but at least they're cheap enough to buy a few to have lying around. 

EDIT: Oh wow. Yeah, all of those are gonna be much better than the Philips. How much do you want to spend? That's gonna help you narrow it down.

EDIT 2: Saw you posted about this in Joker's thread, so I responded there.

Aug 23, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #938 of 1,072
[COLOR=FF0000]But are discontinued or not? XD[/COLOR]

If i wanted to get a upgrade to these philips while maintaining the same type of sound what would recomend me?
I also like the sound of the hd25's and over ear momentums....

Something not very expensive....

I have been looking at these guys: xiaomi piston 2, v sonic vsd1 and vsd1s, vsd 3s, havi b3 pro 1 and the rha ma750i.....

Any of these resembles the sound of the philips but better? 

ok...I wld say go for Vsd3s or vsd3 with little bass enhanced.....and B3. Rha is costlier than these two...not sure you like pistons tho....

And among these two (vsd3/s & B3) B3 needs an HP amp to hear its full potential (must have) on the other hand vsd3/s is an easy to drive thru many sources....

And yeah,these are better than 35**'s and rivals times 3-4 priced IEMs.....

Aug 23, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #940 of 1,072
ok...I wld say go for Vsd3s or vsd3 with little bass enhanced.....and B3. Rha is costlier than these two...not sure you like pistons tho....

And among these two (vsd3/s & B3) B3 needs an HP amp to hear its full potential (must have) on the other hand vsd3/s is an easy to drive thru many sources....

But the difference in bass between the vs3d and vs3ds is very big? For you guy this ones are the one that are closer to the she3580 sound? But the havis with a amp kick them in the head? From what i read the havis seem to be pretty bass light.... am i wrong? Since i like the philips, senn hd25 and momentum type of bass i dont know....
Are the vsonic a big step down from the mighty gr07be.... ive never heard them..... just curious and trying to know how much do you receive if you waste a bit more money....

Aug 23, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #941 of 1,072
The havis are great, but if you want a sound like the SHE3590 they aren't for you. The GR07BE is indeed better than the VSD3S, but they cost $130 and the VSD3S is a fair step down, but not a huge step down. If you're into super tight and focused sound and very critical of things, the BE will make you happier, but if you just want to listen and have fun, the VSD3S are the way to go. Coming from the 3580, either one is going to blow your mind. Separation, imaging, soundstage, clarity, detail; all of that is infinitely better. The bass isn't that different but it sounds like the 3 has more mid bass and is less controlled than the 3S which is deeper and tighter. 3S has a little more bass than the 3580 with better texture.

Aug 23, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #942 of 1,072
  The havis are great, but if you want a sound like the SHE3590 they aren't for you. The GR07BE is indeed better than the VSD3S, but they cost $130 and the VSD3S is a fair step down, but not a huge step down. If you're into super tight and focused sound and very critical of things, the BE will make you happier, but if you just want to listen and have fun, the VSD3S are the way to go. Coming from the 3580, either one is going to blow your mind. Separation, imaging, soundstage, clarity, detail; all of that is infinitely better. The bass isn't that different but it sounds like the 3 has more mid bass and is less controlled than the 3S which is deeper and tighter. 3S has a little more bass than the 3580 with better texture.

Hum.... looks tempting.... but the bass on the 3 is less controlled than on the 3580? I like that type of controlled bass.... i think i am leaning towards the 3S right now.... just hope the bass is not too much than the 3580..... for the price do you think this is the better option? I like the sound of the philips, i admit they sound a bit dry or papery but still they are a lot of fun and i can switch from indie stuff like james blake to the must pumping edm and they will still be very fun and engaging....

The vsd1 is worse than the vs3d/s?

I wasnt expecting for the vs3 to be better than the dr07be of course.... XD But its always nice to know that something that you get cheap is not very far behind from higher priced products.... feels more rewarding.... :p

I got a pair of sennheiser amperiors this week and while i am liking them i think i prefer the sound of my hd25's.... the amperior seems to leak a bit to the mids and i like the more forward mids on the hd25's.... more agressive rock like biffy clyro sounds better on the hd25's, they sound clearer and a bit more agressive on vocals, drums and guitars wich i like I also love the mids on the over ear momentums. This may seem off topic but i am trying to make you understand my likings.... :)

Do you have any other suggestion better than the one's i mentioned? :)

Aug 23, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #943 of 1,072
But the difference in bass between the vs3d and vs3ds is very big? For you guy this ones are the one that are closer to the she3580 sound? But the havis with a amp kick them in the head? From what i read the havis seem to be pretty bass light.... am i wrong? Since i like the philips, senn hd25 and momentum type of bass i dont know....
Are the vsonic a big step down from the mighty gr07be.... ive never heard them..... just curious and trying to know how much do you receive if you waste a bit more money....

And at the same time please spend some time to read on reviews/comparisons on vsd3S and B3,imo....it will give you some ideas for sure. And bass enhanced vsd3 doesnt mean its tuned to overpower the lows or bass dominant either and B3 has dual micro drivers and the way they are designed and tuned to,needs an amp.....The change in sound between your philips 35** and these will be day and night for sure....these IEMs are must to have in our collections and no way it let you down for its sound and price....

Aug 23, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #944 of 1,072
The VSD3 is much more controlled than the 3580. The only genre they don't do well in is classical, but that takes a certain kind of IEM to shine in (the Havi sounds like it would). The bass is not going to be too much compared to the 3580 either. You'll like it for indie rock and EDM alike. I listen to both frequently and I love the way the 3s handles them. The VSD1 is similar but has a more congested soundstage and not as good separation between instruments. Clarity sounds a little better on the 3S to me and the VSD1 has a bit more bass. I compared them here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/669510/the-new-iem-of-vsonic-vsd-3s-impression-updated-by-smailbz/1695#post_10687161

Aug 23, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #945 of 1,072
Hum.... looks tempting.... but the bass on the 3 is less controlled than on the 3580? I like that type of controlled bass.... i think i am leaning towards the 3S right now.... just hope the bass is not too much than the 3580..... for the price do you think this is the better option? I like the sound of the philips, i admit they sound a bit dry or papery but still they are a lot of fun and i can switch from indie stuff like james blake to the must pumping edm and they will still be very fun and engaging....

The vsd1 is worse than the vs3d/s?

I wasnt expecting for the vs3 to be better than the dr07be of course.... XD But its always nice to know that something that you get cheap is not very far behind from higher priced products.... feels more rewarding.... :p

I got a pair of sennheiser amperiors this week and while i am liking them i think i prefer the sound of my hd25's.... the amperior seems to leak a bit to the mids and i like the more forward mids on the hd25's.... more agressive rock like biffy clyro sounds better on the hd25's, they sound clearer and a bit more agressive on vocals, drums and guitars wich i like I also love the mids on the over ear momentums. This may seem off topic but i am trying to make you understand my likings.... :)

Do you have any other suggestion better than the one's i mentioned? :)

whats ur budget? Whats ur music style(genre)?other than philips 35** series and those senn HPs, what was/is your IEM collection? And pls throw your 35** out of your mind for now.....:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back