Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 21, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #8,191 of 15,268
Was thinking about getting my friend a pair of these for his birthday. He has nothing but crappy earbuds. a) how easy are these to drive with an iPhone? (he has iPhone + Macbook Pro)  and b) how much do these leak, compared to, say, Sennheiser 558 or 600?

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #8,192 of 15,268
i have my X2 for a little over a week and i love them... Just ordered these to see if it changes the sound,the stock ear pads are a little stiff....  http://ebay.to/1Ph9Wyb
i have my X2 for a little over a week and i love them... Just ordered these to see if it changes the sound,the stock ear pads are a little stiff....  http://ebay.to/1Ph9Wyb

You will like them. Much softer for me. Sound is probably slightly different but I honestly didn't have the stock pads on that long before I changed them and I don't want to bother switching to make a detailed comparison on sound. I was annoyed enough with the freaking glue.

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #8,193 of 15,268
I got my V-Moda cable in today. SO much better than the stock cable. Just the right length and the fabric sheathe is very nice. Zero microphonics. No change in sound I can detect, which is good because these headphones still sound fantastic. I hope the replacement phones fix the problems and keep the sound.

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #8,194 of 15,268
  Was thinking about getting my friend a pair of these for his birthday. He has nothing but crappy earbuds. a) how easy are these to drive with an iPhone? (he has iPhone + Macbook Pro)  and b) how much do these leak, compared to, say, Sennheiser 558 or 600?

I think they leak slightly less than HD600, but it's still an open can obviously. No miracles there. They can be driven from any source, but a good DAC/amp would still benefit them, IMO.

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #8,195 of 15,268
  I got my V-Moda cable in today. SO much better than the stock cable. Just the right length and the fabric sheathe is very nice. Zero microphonics. No change in sound I can detect, which is good because these headphones still sound fantastic. I hope the replacement phones fix the problems and keep the sound.

Yep, excellent cable. Just love it.

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #8,197 of 15,268

im using this cable also.. it rocks... lightweight and microphonics are gone!!!! 

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #8,198 of 15,268
  Kinda on the fence about these cans. As a complete noob, would i disappointed coming from a HD558 and M50x?  

Nah, much better than M50x. But pretty close sound signature.

Dec 21, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #8,203 of 15,268
As most of you here, I must say I began to fall in love with X2. As conversation by PM with MattTCG, I agree X2 is good at classical/symphonies (Vocal is better on 9500).
Sound signature is not very similar with HD600. IMO, Somehow, X2 is like a beautiful lady and 600 is more like a handsome gentleman. Both are great and share similar price. Moreover, X2 works well with my SS amp. and HD600 works well with my tube amp. 

Dec 21, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #8,204 of 15,268
I just decided f it after my second pair came even worse than the first I'm returning both and ordered a DT 1770. Although the X2 is a great headphone and it works spectacularly as a headset with a Boompro, I still prefer my HD650s and I only need one full time open headphone. The earpads were just a good excuse to make the switch 
biggrin.gif
. I do believe at $200 they are one of the very best headphones you can get as total package and they lived up to the hype which is rare among these parts these days. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back