Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 22, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #8,221 of 15,268
Can you guys help me somehow? Im getting more and more frustated. I have the X2 for two weeks now. My main Problem is, i cant pinpoint enemies. I just cant pinpoint enemies, i just dont hear them. Is there anyone who has a Playstation 4 and Black Ops 3 and could test it for me? The only thjng i can hear are footstamps but they come from everywhere like no accuracy.

Maybe i need a Amp for Gaming?

I find that my HD595 does a pretty good job with gaming, which has a pretty different sound signature than the X2.  Could it be the boosted bass of the X2?  Could be drowning out small details like footsteps and similar stuff.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #8,222 of 15,268
Can you guys help me somehow? Im getting more and more frustated. I have the X2 for two weeks now. My main Problem is, i cant pinpoint enemies. I just cant pinpoint enemies, i just dont hear them. Is there anyone who has a Playstation 4 and Black Ops 3 and could test it for me? The only thjng i can hear are footstamps but they come from everywhere like no accuracy.

I generally use mine on a pc and have none if the problems you are discribung. I thought people usually used a mixamp for console with headphones though.

A good place to ask would proberbly be here. I think the thred starter is a consol gamer there will certinaly be console ganers who can help you there.

Be sure to check out the first post as there is info about mix amp amongst all the headphone reviews.

GL

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #8,223 of 15,268

I find that my HD595 does a pretty good job with gaming, which has a pretty different sound signature than the X2.  Could it be the boosted bass of the X2?  Could be drowning out small details like footsteps and similar stuff.

Same here. From what I've heard/read, the Sennheiser HD 595/98 are unrivaled when it comes to FPS gaming. They have a bigger soundstage than the X2 and a less colored sound signature, so sounds should be more natural. But that's only what I have read, as I've never actually tried the X2.

Myself, I have not tried my 598's for FPS (I'm not into that genre to be honest), but on platforming, adventure and RPG games, the soundstage is not only open, but really accurate. I can pinpoint everything from a distance in Skyrim, and Zelda sounds simply gorgeous with my Senns.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #8,224 of 15,268
Same here. From what I've heard/read, the Sennheiser HD 595/98 are unrivaled when it comes to FPS gaming. They have a bigger soundstage than the X2 and a less colored sound signature, so sounds should be more natural. But that's only what I have read, as I've never actually tried the X2.

Myself, I have not tried my 598's for FPS (I'm not into that genre to be honest), but on platforming, adventure and RPG games, the soundstage is not only open, but really accurate. I can pinpoint everything from a distance in Skyrim, and Zelda sounds simply gorgeous with my Senns.

+1

After buying my hd650, I went back to my 595 for gaming.  From fps games like Destiny to RPGs like Fallout 4.  Been using them a lot for Fallout 4 lately.

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #8,225 of 15,268

+1

After buying my hd650, I went back to my 595 for gaming.  From fps games like Destiny to RPGs like Fallout 4.  Been using them a lot for Fallout 4 lately.

Hands down the Sony MDR-MA900 by far best phone for gaming...unbelievable!

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #8,226 of 15,268

+1

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #8,227 of 15,268
  X2's leak less.  There's like a foam pad blocking the drivers or something.  Outside sound is muffled a bit when you have them on.  Whereas the Senns are completely open with nothing between the drivers other than the grill or a thin cloth.  Makes me wonder how it would sound if you completely opened them up.

I was kind of wondering about this. I don't get the muffled sound or anything, but there is very little change in sound when I cover the back mesh with my hands. The other open headphones I've owned change quite a bit if I cover the back - my grados completely lose their bass.

Glue them
wink.gif

Ha! I was going to post the same thing

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #8,228 of 15,268
I might be returning my X2 after all.  The glue I'm fine with.  They sound just like my old X2s and I don't have the ring issue.  However the underside of the leather headband is peeling off a little.  I don't recall there ever being a separate strip under the leather headband, can anyone with an older model confirm or deny?

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #8,229 of 15,268

Correct me if I am wrong as unsure about the ps4, even though I have one I just mess about on it and dont bither with headphones on it.

Does it really doesnt matter what he is using if he has noting connected to his ps4 to process the sound correctly? He needs to find this out before he starts messing about with changing headphones. Astro mix amp is what many people use with the ps4 and fps gaming, pretty sure it is due to the surround sound processing.

Dec 22, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #8,230 of 15,268
You might want to check out this video. Z is obviously a hard core gamer and he highly recommends the X2 as a gaming headset. In his video he discusses amps and their benefits among other things. Hope this helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63BxrNuXnYg

Dec 22, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #8,231 of 15,268
I'm playing Witcher 3 in mine and it's gorgeous. Very immersive.

Dec 22, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #8,235 of 15,268
I might be returning my X2 after all.  The glue I'm fine with.  They sound just like my old X2s and I don't have the ring issue.  However the underside of the leather headband is peeling off a little.  I don't recall there ever being a separate strip under the leather headband, can anyone with an older model confirm or deny?

I want to say mine don't have a separate strip, but if they do it is so neatly done that I can't tell. Will have to confirm when I have them in hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back