Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 22, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #8,237 of 15,268
Yes I can verify that the x2 does not change sound when covered. Not sure how that can be with an open headphone. But hey, I love the sound so I don't worry about it.

I find the bass to lose se impact if I cover mine.

Nothing like the drastic change on my planars though when covering the grill.

Dec 22, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #8,240 of 15,268
Just received my replacements from Amazon. No glue on the pads, still a little uneven on the rings of the cups. Sound quality is still excellent. Guess that was a faulty batch on sale, but at least Amazon resolved it quickly. I'm not going to fret over the rings.

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #8,243 of 15,268
I really feel odds Tyll claimed X2 have much larger soundstage than HD600! I don't think my X2 has sound quality issue. It's just like people described. Its soundstage is large enough, but still feel a little bit less than 600. How can it be "much larger"? People's hearing is really different!

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #8,244 of 15,268
I really feel odds Tyll claimed X2 have much larger soundstage than HD600! I don't think my X2 has sound quality issue. It's just like people described. Its soundstage is large enough, but still feel a little bit less than 600. How can it be "much larger"? People's hearing is really different!

The most important thing to remember in audio.

Personally, I usually agree with most of what Tyll says, but I am at complete odds with him over how he describes the X2.

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #8,245 of 15,268
I got these from Amazon today and mine are in excellent shape, the earpads are removable, no qc issues so far.

Soundwise, these will surely be my favorite full size cans. They are just amazing to listen to. Last year I got the X1 from Amazon deal, but was very underwhelmed by it so immediately returned, X2 is stages above X1 for sure. These sound so great, they do everything so well, at least in genres I listen to. Rock is simply amazing. My test track has always been Rush - The Wreckers, and X2s just deliver, the base guitar, the lead, the drums, and oh the mids, the vocals. Amazing presentation in an amazing soundstage. The instrument separation is perfect, you can pick every single line, every single note without any issues. The cymbals of the drum just linger in the air, and it doesn't get lost in the whole spectrum of the song. 

These are definitely great. I probably will sell a couple of the full size cans I have in my possession. After buying the IE800 last year, I was done with in ear purchases, now I am done with full size can purchases as well. 

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #8,246 of 15,268
  Just received my replacements from Amazon. No glue on the pads, still a little uneven on the rings of the cups. Sound quality is still excellent. Guess that was a faulty batch on sale, but at least Amazon resolved it quickly. I'm not going to fret over the rings.

SO glad to hear this. Was the sound quality the same as last time? What does your box say this time?

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #8,247 of 15,268
SO glad to hear this. Was the sound quality the same as last time? What does your box say this time?

As I posted above, sound quality is at least as good, if not better. Both were X2/27 on the box. I'm very happy with the replacement, especially with that v-moda cable in place of the stock cable. Didn't even touch the stock cable in the replacement box.

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #8,248 of 15,268
  I got these from Amazon today and mine are in excellent shape, the earpads are removable, no qc issues so far.

Soundwise, these will surely be my favorite full size cans. They are just amazing to listen to. Last year I got the X1 from Amazon deal, but was very underwhelmed by it so immediately returned, X2 is stages above X1 for sure. These sound so great, they do everything so well, at least in genres I listen to. Rock is simply amazing. My test track has always been Rush - The Wreckers, and X2s just deliver, the base guitar, the lead, the drums, and oh the mids, the vocals. Amazing presentation in an amazing soundstage. The instrument separation is perfect, you can pick every single line, every single note without any issues. The cymbals of the drum just linger in the air, and it doesn't get lost in the whole spectrum of the song. 

These are definitely great. I probably will sell a couple of the full size cans I have in my possession. After buying the IE800 last year, I was done with in ear purchases, now I am done with full size can purchases as well. 

Agree! I saw people compared X2 with HD800. I saw people claimed little improvement of HD800 vs 600. I saw people claimed HE400S is most valued. All HE higher series have minor improvement on SQ. I think I'll also quit headphones investments. And upgrade amplifiers and cable a little bit for my HD600 in the future and take a long sabbath of hifi pursuing. I bought Director from a headier and he upgrade Yggdrasil from Director, who told me it's just a finite improvement. 

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #8,250 of 15,268

Can't wait to receive my replacement tomorrow! I'm still holding on to my old ones just in case the replacement isn't as good. I switched out my earpads for HM5 velour pads anyway so the glue thing and what not isn't too much of an issue (Just have a little bit of glue residue on the pegs and the stock pads are unusable.) But it's hard for me to be happy knowing that my X2 isn't perfect lol 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back