Philips Fidelio X2?!
Dec 20, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #7,939 of 15,268
Now is the time to make the choice between them : wife or hp ?
tongue.gif
atsmile.gif

(pun intended
biggrin.gif
)

lol  I chose my wife every time!  She's cool with me purchasing all of these headphones and DAC's and Amps

Dec 20, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #7,942 of 15,268
  How loud is very loud?

I think it should be self-explanatory.  
In addition, remember that "burning in" may not even exist; that if it does, there's nothing specific that says they should be broken in at high volumes; and that in any case, protecting one's sense of hearing is way more important than the rate at which headphones should be burned in.  And again, break them in very loudly if you want to, but there's NO reason to have them on your ears during that time.

Dec 20, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #7,943 of 15,268

I'm old school,  I just do the ole listening break in over time.  I'm in no rush, but thats just me :)

I do that too. I believe burn in is mostly psychological, and a matter of the ear/brains adapting to a new sound signature.

Regardless, I listen to them right out of the box and burn in when I'm sleeping. I wanna enjoy my new toy right away!

Dec 20, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #7,944 of 15,268
How loud is very loud?

Do you see the "Safe Listening" link on my signature? Just click it. Probably there are answers to all your questions regarding loudness, safe listening and how to measure the SPL practically :wink: Personally I do not exceed 80dB. Generally listen around 60-65dB.

Dec 20, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #7,945 of 15,268
Do you see the "Safe Listening" link on my signature? Just click it. Probably there are answers to all your questions regarding loudness, safe listening and how to measure the SPL practically
wink.gif
Personally I do not exceed 80dB. Generally listen around 60-65dB.

Is there a way to actually measure our own setup on how many dB our music is playing at from our headphones? 

Dec 20, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #7,946 of 15,268

Is there a way to actually measure our own setup on how many dB our music is playing at from our headphones? 

Someone mentioned a device to me that you could put into your HPs and measure the sound coming out of it.  I'll ask the dude, but if you're interested check out my posts it's the one in Sound Science about hearing.

Dec 20, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #7,949 of 15,268
Do you see the "Safe Listening" link on my signature? Just click it. Probably there are answers to all your questions regarding loudness, safe listening and how to measure the SPL practically
wink.gif
Personally I do not exceed 80dB. Generally listen around 60-65dB.

Thanks a lot for this, I was looking for something similar.  

Thanks Baycode, I notice you spend a lot of time doing tutorials and writeups on here.  Thanks for all of the time you have spent, and all of the information you have provided, especially for us who are newer to the "Audiophile" world.

Something like this?

Says "A weighted", not sure if that would be good for measuring sound out of a headphone.

Idk man, hopefully someone else can weigh in, I'm not really sure...
Now is the time to make the choice between them : wife or hp ?
tongue.gif
atsmile.gif

(pun intended
biggrin.gif
)

Easy choice.... HPs :).

Dec 20, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #7,950 of 15,268
Thanks a lot for this, I was looking for something similar.  

Thanks Baycode, I notice you spend a lot of time doing tutorials and writeups on here.  Thanks for all of the time you have spent, and all of the information you have provided, especially for us who are newer to...

You're welcome and thanks Eurobeat !

mysticstryk for practical way to measure the spl with your smartphone please check the last couple of posts in the same (Safe Listening) thread :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back