Philips Fidelio X2?!
Aug 11, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #226 of 15,268
The first thing i noticed in the review was the non terrible cable and the replaceable earpads >_> 
Those are my two LEAST favorite things about my x1's. I feel like my headphones are a timebomb waiting for my pads to die.

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #227 of 15,268
Those pads will last long and fine imho and You CAN replace them if You do removal carefully. They are locked same way as on X2 but additional glue is used. I don`t really understand that pad-hysteria. More like pseudo-issue
tongue.gif

Sep 1, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #229 of 15,268
For anyone in the UK I have just found this on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MRUPSHQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3H5VZAO6M7IZJ&coliid=I38QXE5X5RASGL

Sep 1, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #230 of 15,268
judging purely from the review, the only thing that changed here is the low impedance fix on the cord and removable pads, an alternate pad for bass impact. everything else is the same.

btw the X1 pads and cord are also replacesable, so theres really not much difference if thats all there is to it unlike the L1 and L2 which are completely different., but I could be wrong.

edit: oh and the metal finish on the X2 is black compared to the brushed aluminum? finish of the X1.

Sep 1, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #231 of 15,268
Lol, how did you come to that conclusion?

There's just a review not an comparison. One might as well conclude that it's an massive upgrade from the X1 and it would be equally uncertain.

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #232 of 15,268
ok here's a question also, would they release another flagship unit in the same price range after all the success the X1 had in a span of 2 years and still ongoing. logical for marketing? = no, if I had a very succesfull unit, I'd sell more and saturate the market with it and earn more ranther than phase it out in less the 3 years and spend more for another batch production of an entirely new driver for same looking new sets. (these are headphones btw not pc hardware which goes out every 3-4 months). not to mention research and development cost for an entirely new driver.

new drivers? probably no, its the same X1 chassis for that fact nothing was even tweaked or adjusted except for color maybe, seen sony's mdr 1r? may sound a bit different from upgrades or tuning though.

then again, its just me. like I posted above ( I could be entirey wrong). I didn't post my opinion and stated it as a fact.

Sep 1, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #233 of 15,268
L1 vs L2.......

All I'm saying is until we get a comparison between X1 and X2 we're all just guessing and I find that pretty meaningless. Even more meaningless would be to argue about it :wink:

Sep 3, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #237 of 15,268
Why is removable pads so important. I have a pair of Philips HP-890 that i bought 2002 and those pads is in vary good condition yet? Are you really changing your pads that often? Why?

For hygiene purposes, removable pads allow us to wash them and depending on use, some can worn out very easily but I am not too sure about Philips's pads thought.

Billson

Sep 3, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #238 of 15,268
It's just the idea. When you have expensive headphones that have even great construction the earpads are the place where you will expect problems. If you can't take them out you feel like if something ever happen to the earpads it's end of the entire headphone.

I dunno about that Philips HP890 and how much you use them, but I know Sennheiser headphones and Beyer headphones and though their pads are very comfortable they get worn over time very noticeably, the difference between the old pads and brand new ones on the DT770 is huge and same for DT880 and HD650/HD600, not even talking about sound but about comfort.

Sep 3, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #240 of 15,268
Yes, I have L2 and it's amazing. I sold my HD650s because L2 sounded better. I'm going to buy X2 as I think it'll be even better than L2 which is already awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back