Philips Fidelio X2?!
Aug 1, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #197 of 15,268
I wear a size 8 in baseball hats and I have no issues with the X1. What size do you folks wear in hats?

7 3/8 for me. But I've never worn the X1 so I can't say how that relates. And even then my head is more deep than wide. Many headphones are loose on my head because of it, even though I have a larger size hat. I don't think I've ever seen a size 8 hat, but then again I don't wear baseball caps. Maybe they round to half inches in order to sell to a wider range of people.

Aug 2, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #198 of 15,268
I wear 7 1/2, and I'd be happier with a little bigger. The X1 is definitely at it's limit on my head unless I bend the leather band inward for a longer fit. Like Axel, my head is deeper than wider. I just have a big head in general though.

My biggest problem with hjeadphones is the cups not reaching my ears in the optimal position.

I.E. on Beyerdynamic Premiums (770/880/990), I basically wear them fully extended, and would appreciate a little more extension for a slightly looser fit. I don't like feeling of headphones when they're completely maxed out.

I wish more headphones were like the HD650. That has seemingly an infinite amount of extension. You'd have to be an absolute giant for the extension to run out. Watermelon heads. I know people complain about clamp, but I find the 650 very, very comfortable after stretching it out a bit over books or game cases, etc.

Aug 2, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #199 of 15,268
Sup fellas.

Damn!  X2?!

I just saw the thread.  Finally...the X1 gets a successor.  Looking forward to how these bad boys play out. 

popcorn.gif

...and can we please get some PICS of the can with the pads removed?? 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 2, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #200 of 15,268
  Sup fellas.

Damn!  X2?!

I just saw the thread.  Finally...the X1 gets a successor.  Looking forward to how these bad boys play out. 

popcorn.gif

rolleyes.gif

I read that in a daring voice 
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #201 of 15,268
  Sup fellas.

Damn!  X2?!

popcorn.gif

rolleyes.gif

Holy crap, he's alive! Quick, someone get a net. We can't let him escape again.

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #204 of 15,268

Epic review, Baycode!  Up there with the best of them.  I really liked the detailed impressions and extensive pictures.  

I like the fact that they now terminate with a 1/8 plug rather than a 1/4 plug.  Means I may be able to use the stock cable this time around... will also be curious to see if Philips lowered the resistance of the X2 cable vs. the X1 cable.

Also, I think they'll sell a lot more X2s given the removable ear pads, which I think was holding back a lot of potential purchasers of the X1s.

Edit: Can't wait for someone to A/B test against the X1!

Aug 5, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #205 of 15,268
Also wanted to say thanks for the review. I'm disappointed not to see this up for sale state-side, but if it commands a $1000 premium in Asia I suppose I understand why they aren't in a hurry to roll it out here until there's plenty of inventory.

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #207 of 15,268
The X1 took FOREVER to make it stateside. Patience is gonna have to be practiced.

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #208 of 15,268
Removable pads?!?!?!? OMG!!!!!!!!

I think my HP200 might just have met its successor. As MLE mentioned, we will have to be extremely patient, though...

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #209 of 15,268
A good plan for me, if I had money:

HE400i for overall use.

X2 + V-moda BoomPro for online gaming...

A man can dream.

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #210 of 15,268

Users who are viewing this thread

Back