Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode
Jan 20, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #752 of 1,061
Thanks Matt!
Yeah, I agree about the tone and vocals on the HD650. I cannot let them go.
I feel though, that it could be the treble that is causing me very little if any disatisfaction with the X2, or a slight depression somewhere in the mids. I cannot let these go either.
They are simply too immersive, open, detailed, fun, and I love their sub bass.
There are a few things they do, sonically, that I wish the 650's did as well.
I agree about the single entry cable as well. A dual entry would be so much better and classier.
I have been breaking in my X2 with a combo of pink noise played at relatively high volume one day, and alternating with music cds the next, such as 'Pure Heroine' by Lorde, etc.,also at relatively high volumes.
Btw, this cd, among many others, sounds very impressive through the X2!

Jan 20, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #753 of 1,061
I'm practically sold on this X2 specially after reading @Baycode
 Review (Thank you btw), as my current AKG 7XX with it's rattle have completely turned me off from AKG brand all together (Awaiting Reply from MD to return this HP) once that return goes through I can look into getting the X2. 

I will like to ask the forum how do you Burn In a new pair of HP. \

Do you just let your regular playlist "On" for hours on a loop or do you use a special audio file to get the most of the burn in time?

Thank you for any input...

Just normal playlist! But make sure u use good volume output, sth a bit higher than ur nomral listening volume.

Jan 20, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #754 of 1,061
Just normal playlist! But make sure u use good volume output, sth a bit higher than ur nomral listening volume.

It is better with bass heavy music, because the diaphragm move more.

Jan 20, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #756 of 1,061
Just picked up a pair of X2's.
I agree completely with the OP.
The build quality outstanding.
These phones are bullet proof.

They will be replacing my B&O's H6.

The Fidelio's are real full (great soundstage) more kick in the bass.
The H6 is a great neutral headphone - but after a year- I'm bored with the thins.

The Fidelio sounds best at higher volume.

Use an Amp and turn them UP.....you'll have a hard time turning them down.

Jan 21, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #759 of 1,061
  They will be replacing my B&O's H6.

They're replacing your H6? Well, dang, give (read:sell) them to me then! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #760 of 1,061
I have updated the bottom of the first post (front page) with links guiding to the member impressions. I will dig the thread again and attach some useful links there when I have proper time... (So not all of the impressions are carried there this time)

Thanks.

Jan 21, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #761 of 1,061
  I have updated the bottom of the first post (front page) with links guiding to the member impressions. I will dig the thread again and attach some useful links there when I have proper time... (So not all of the impressions are carried there this time)

Thanks.

How about I help you 
This is mine, though i believe i put it on the other thread, and i still need to update the burn-in impression
http://www.head-fi.org/t/723025/philips-fidelio-x2/1785#post_11146227

I believe all members here should help Baycode! 
size]

Jan 21, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #762 of 1,061
Jan 21, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #763 of 1,061
I spent an hour talking to various Philips reps about replacement ear pads. Bottom line...they do not offer the pads for sale and have no upcoming plans to sell them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back