Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode
Oct 20, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #304 of 1,061
  Makes sense. I also think the "not that's a review" would probably have been "now that's a review," which means it's a compliment...

Haha...that is what I meant to write (fixed)...

...and I was being sarcastic. 

And he clearly says he enjoys the Fidelio x2 HP's.

Really?  I read the review and I did not get the impression that he liked the X2 at all. 
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #306 of 1,061
Doubt the littledot will have difficulty with the X2...

Oct 21, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #307 of 1,061
Really?  I read the review and I did not get the impression that he liked the X2 at all.  :wink:

Sarcasm doesn't come across well on the Web. :/

Difficulty, nope. But not sure if you want to add more warmth on top of an already warm sounding HP

Oct 21, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #308 of 1,061
Had the LDmk3 b4...generally thin airy spacious sounding amp...to my recollection..
doubt it will weigh down/muddify the X2.  One can always roll the tubes to taste :p

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #309 of 1,061

Difficulty, nope. But not sure if you want to add more warmth on top of an already warm sounding HP

X1 and X2 (latter less) are warm sounding cans but not so much. Tube amp or buffered DAC won`t make them overly warm but improve them imho. Of course depends on tubes used also
...and taste. If person is more into cold flat sounding cans, then adding tube warmth might not be good choice.

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #310 of 1,061
How would the Asus Xonar Essence STX pair with the X2? I have tried other amps such as the EHP-O2Di but i can't help loving Dolby Headphone so i am finding it very challenging to change my dac/amp.

Oct 21, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #311 of 1,061
I'm a little bit sensitive on treble so sometimes I find the X2 even too sparkly to me (not fatiguing but not smooth as dark sounding cans), I'd like to try it with a tube amp. It's the output impedance that throws me off... I've read some little dots have 30 ohm impedance and that would make funky things happen to frequency response (that may be pleasing)

Oct 21, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #312 of 1,061

Wow...now that's a review.
beerchug.gif

Too bad you didn't like the X2s. 
tongue.gif

Thanks elvergun, yeah its too boring :p

I'm a little bit sensitive on treble so sometimes I find the X2 even too sparkly to me (not fatiguing but not smooth as dark sounding cans), I'd like to try it with a tube amp. It's the output impedance that throws me off... I've read some little dots have 30 ohm impedance and that would make funky things happen to frequency response (that may be pleasing)

I read many times that Little Dot MK1+  is more suitable for driving lower impedance HP's.

Oct 21, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #314 of 1,061

The Schiit Vali sounds excellent with the X2`s. Delighted with the synergy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back