Philadelphia area meet, Sunday Jan 31st (no football that weekend!)
Jan 22, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #62 of 148
Big news! 

Brannan at Noble Audio is not only providing us with a bunch of universal IEM's from their lineup for everyone at the Philly show to demo, but he also just let me know that  

NOBLE IS DONATING A NOBLE SAVANT WIZARD-EDITION FOR THE RAFFLE!!! 

:beerchug:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/noble-audio-savant

http://nobleaudio.com/en/shop/universal/

In case you didn't know the Wizard Savant's retail for $799. Sweet. 

I'll post a picture of the exact unit to be raffled once I get it from Brannan. 

Thanks to Brannan and Noble for this generous donation and look forward to seeing you all at the Philly meet coming up in a week and a half. 

Cheers - Michael 

That's OUTSTANDING! Mad props to Brannan and The Wizard!

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #63 of 148
  HighFiman cnanot make it but will be sending me the edition X and I will  have the hE1000 and they also asked me to show the 901S

Thanks Frank! I also was at Dan's shop in San Diego today and he was going to give me some Mr. Speakers goodies to show but he said that you already had that covered, so look forward to your bringing the Ether-C's, which are my favorite closed-HP's currently. Cheers and see you soon

Jan 25, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #65 of 148
  Thanks Frank! I also was at Dan's shop in San Diego today and he was going to give me some Mr. Speakers goodies to show but he said that you already had that covered, so look forward to your bringing the Ether-C's, which are my favorite closed-HP's currently. Cheers and see you soon

I got the C's

Jan 26, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #68 of 148
Hello, I just subscribed and am really look forward to attending the January 31 get together in North Wales, PA. I have Grado RS-1 cans and a Grado RA-1 amp, but I haven't listened to them in a while (doing the main system thing).

So I'll see you on Sunday.

Many thanks.

Best regards,

Mike Hendershot (Hendy)

Jan 26, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #69 of 148
For those who have asked how this while thing works...

People who are setting up gear, get there a little early if you can...space if first come first choose, so the best spots go quickly.

BRING EXTRA POWER STRIPS AND EXTENTION CORDS. You can never have too many and someone will forget one and be in need of borrowing.

Don't sprawl out all over the tabe...keep it tight...lots of people need to set up.

Bring a source! iPod, computer, CD Player, turntable, whatever.

Label your gear! Lots of people may have the same cans or amps.

It's nice to make up a paper listing exactly what you're showing so others don't have to ask and you'll have more freedom to wander.

While I've never been to a meet where something was stolen, I'd rather not have my meet be the first. So be aware of your setup or ask the person next to you to keep an eye on it when you go listening or to the bathroom.

Did I mention to bring extra power strips?

Those of you who are coming to listen...

We're thrilled to have you! The head-Fi community is exceptionally welcoming and willing to share. We love showing off our gear and the sound we have achieved.

We do ask that you be courteous:

-NEVER unplug headphones with the volume up or the source playing.

-many of the top headphones are open back...that means we all hear your conversations while we're listening. Remember to use your 'inside voices'

-Take a shower that morning and wash your ears...you're going to be trying on other people's headphones and others will be wearing yours...it's just commen sense and courtesy.

-bring your favorite music on your portable audio player...but please ASK the owner of the rig to which you would like to jack in to help you make the connection rather than just unplugging their current source without asking.

Then just have fun and enjoy the company and the sound!!

Jan 26, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #70 of 148
I intend to stop by. I've never been to a headphone meet. Is there anything I should know? (Nvm, just read the post above this.)

I might bring my HE400i. It is the new version with the 2.5mm connectors and no back plate.

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #72 of 148
Argh..

I just learned I have to be at a client on Monday that requires flying on Sunday. Really disappointed I won't be able to make it and meet with everyone. Have a great time and hopefully I'll make it next year.

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #73 of 148
Sorry to hear it, bfreedma. Next time!

Really looking forward to meeting lots of new people!

Astell & Kern are sending an AK320 for people to try (no, not for the raffle.)

I should have the demo pair of ENIGMAcoustics Dharma's on Thursday to burn them in for 48 hours. That's another one you won't want to miss.

Jan 27, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #75 of 148
My ride doesn't know if he'll be able to go. It'll be one of those last minute decisions so I'll keep ya updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back