Perreaux or PPX3?
Oct 20, 2004 at 2:16 AM Post #61 of 95
Play nice, gentlemen.

Vanillawafer, again I'm already aware of the issues regarding Singlepower amps. I'm interested in the sonic characteristics of various amplifiers ATM and will consider build-quality whenever I decide to make a purchase. I understand your concern but every additional post regarding these problems is utterly redundant.

Oct 20, 2004 at 2:36 AM Post #62 of 95
ReDVision - come clean - What is your budget? Gimme the accounts and the tax reports and i'll tell what amp you should buy - simple
cool.gif

No wishy washy stuff - one post saying - I will NOT spend more than $XXX.XX will do the trick - you will have an answer - you can buy your amp and start listening to music instead of listening to us morons
rolleyes.gif

LOL

Oct 20, 2004 at 2:37 AM Post #63 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReDVsion
Play nice, gentlemen.

Vanillawafer, again I'm already aware of the issues regarding Singlepower amps. I'm interested in the sonic characteristics of various amplifiers ATM and will consider build-quality whenever I decide to make a purchase. I understand your concern but every additional post regarding these problems is utterly redundant.

Sorry, I wasn't aware that you were aware
smily_headphones1.gif
Probably because I didn't read through the entire thread like a good head-fi'er should do. If your only concerned about sound then I think you will be very pleased with the PPX3, as I said, It sounds great. Not sure why you have to tell people to play nice, the build quality is just my concern, and people should not get so dang upset when someone brings it up
confused.gif
Anyway my PPX3 sounds great, and Mikhail is a great guy like everyone I'm sure has already pointed out. Good Luck.

PS... I've been to that small town of yours Pit Texas.... I had a good friend from that town, Kevin Montgomery.

Oct 20, 2004 at 3:02 AM Post #64 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by KZEE
With some of the stuff that's been posted on the site lately, I think one can be forgiven for assuming that such negative appearing statements as the ones' above were in the same vein. And if this is the kind of material you use in a "positive" post, I'd sure hate to be on the recieving end of one of your negative posts!

Your right you would hate to be on the receiving end of a negative post. However, I wouldn't do that on this forum except the outside section. If you look at any posts I've made on the subject I have spoken positive about all three amps. It's interesting that you would draw such a conclusion about me from one comment I made, without considering everything else I've said about all these amps in this and other threads. Comments were made about the build quality of the HD300. I owned one for about 4 or 5 months. I don't think it is negative to point out that my experience with an amp was different from someone elses experience. Perhaps if you read the way this thread was going and consider the other Singlepower witch hunt thread, you would understand my comment, which, by the way, was not directed at you.

Oct 20, 2004 at 3:04 AM Post #65 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by vanillawafer
Anyway my PPX3 sounds great, and Mikhail is a great guy like everyone I'm sure has already pointed out. Good Luck.

All true. i had a PPX3 but ultimately it wasn't for me. Just a little too tubey/warm for me in spite of a few different tubes. It sounded really good for certain titles but with my vinyl rig it just didn't have enough "sparkle".
Mikhail was very friendly.
CPW

Oct 20, 2004 at 3:50 AM Post #66 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
No wishy washy stuff - one post saying - I will NOT spend more than $XXX.XX will do the trick - you will have an answer - you can buy your amp and start listening to music instead of listening to us morons
rolleyes.gif

I will not spend more than $599 on a headphone amp.
tongue.gif

Vanillawafer: wasn't referring to you, and I wasn't meaning to sound upset or put-off by your comments. I was more interested in keeping KZSS and gsferrari (and now tyrion, it seems) from going at each other's throats, which is where it appeared to be heading. If you guys are trying to comment to each other respectfully, I'm unfortunately not reading it that way. Do correct me if I'm misreading your intentions.

Been to Pittsburg, huh? It's a real ****hole, isn't it?
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 12:21 AM Post #67 of 95
Quote:

Are you being serious? Tyrion was pointing out that even the Singlepower amps had teething problems in the early stages. He is comparing that to what Eddy Current had with their first run of amps.

You will be at the receiving end of negative posts - not only from him or me but from others here as well - if you dont read people's posts before you make a moronic reply. Why are you being so aggressive? 60 posts and less than 6 months on the forums and you're the hot-shot all of a sudden?
rolleyes.gif

Yes I was being serious, I know perfectly well what Tyrion was pointing out, and perhaps it's you that needs to reread my post... all I was saying is that some of Tyrions' comments had the appearance of being negative. And for pointing that out, you're going to personally attack me and call me a moron, gsferrari? Because you disagree with my views, you're going to be vile and nasty towards me? You're a real class act, my friend.
I also didn't realize that there was a waiting period before I was allowed to voice my opinions on this site... yes yes, I can't wait until my apprenticeship is up so I can stick my nose into any and every thread on this site like you do, and regale my fellow Head-Fiers with all my infinite wisdom like you do, Mr. Ferrari... hot-shot indeed. And you then have the nerve to call me aggressive
rolleyes.gif

I've also got to wonder why it is you're butting in on my and Tyrion's discussion - isn't that what busy-bodies do?

Oct 21, 2004 at 12:28 AM Post #68 of 95
Quote:

if you dont read people's posts before you make a moronic reply. Why are you being so aggressive? 60 posts and less than 6 months on the forums and you're the hot-shot all of a sudden?
rolleyes.gif

There's is a certain irony in your statements. Can you say "Pot calling the kettle black"?

Oct 21, 2004 at 12:42 AM Post #69 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Your right you would hate to be on the receiving end of a negative post. However, I wouldn't do that on this forum except the outside section. If you look at any posts I've made on the subject I have spoken positive about all three amps. It's interesting that you would draw such a conclusion about me from one comment I made, without considering everything else I've said about all these amps in this and other threads. Comments were made about the build quality of the HD300. I owned one for about 4 or 5 months. I don't think it is negative to point out that my experience with an amp was different from someone elses experience. Perhaps if you read the way this thread was going and consider the other Singlepower witch hunt thread, you would understand my comment, which, by the way, was not directed at you.

Irrespective of what you may have or may have not said in other posts, all I was doing was pointing out that in the post in question, a couple of your statements in regard to Singlepowers seemed disrespectful. You say they weren't, and that's fine. End of problem.
And I'm quaking in my boots... please don't send me a negative post! Cheers
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 12:53 AM Post #70 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by KZEE
Irrespective of what you may have or may have not said in other posts, all I was doing was pointing out that in the post in question, a couple of your statements in regard to Singlepowers seemed disrespectful. You say they weren't, and that's fine. End of problem.
And I'm quaking in my boots... please don't send me a negative post! Cheers
biggrin.gif

I have spent the last two days defending Mikhail and his amps because I think he is a good guy and is getting the shaft. You should consider other posts by a person if your going to take one statement out of all of them and maintain that I am "disrespectful".

Oct 21, 2004 at 1:20 AM Post #71 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero
There's is a certain irony in your statements. Can you say "Pot calling the kettle black"?

Do a search for all posts by KZEE and you'll know what I am talking about.

I said his statements were moronic - doesnt make him a moron...
rolleyes.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 1:42 AM Post #72 of 95
Aside from the mud slinging here: If SACDLOVER was refering to the Ear+ Extream I had, it must be noted that it was modded extensively. I too had the HD 300 and did not like the laid back tube heavy sound, except with old analogue southern rock. However I do hold Tyrion's position in high reguard and value what he says. I can see where some people would like it very much. I differ a little from Sacdlover's view as I favor the HD 25 over the Ear+ Extream. But that is with the Beyer Dynamics DT 880's. I like the DT 880's for it's overall balance in presentation. The midrange played well, detailed and smooth, with the Beyers on both amps. I did like the one music selection Sacdlover had me listen to with the Senn. 650's and the HD 25 though.
tongue.gif
600smile.gif
280smile.gif
orphsmile.gif
lambda.gif
Somebodys gonna get the golden spoon award fer "stirrin it up".
eek.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 3:08 AM Post #73 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
Aside from the mud slinging here: If SACDLOVER was refering to the Ear+ Extream I had, it must be noted that it was modded extensively. I too had the HD 300 and did not like the laid back tube heavy sound, except with old analogue southern rock. However I do hold Tyrion's position in high reguard and value what he says. I can see where some people would like it very much. I differ a little from Sacdlover's view as I favor the HD 25 over the Ear+ Extream. But that is with the Beyer Dynamics DT 880's. I like the DT 880's for it's overall balance in presentation. The midrange played well, detailed and smooth, with the Beyers on both amps. I did like the one music selection Sacdlover had me listen to with the Senn. 650's and the HD 25 though.
tongue.gif
600smile.gif
280smile.gif
orphsmile.gif
lambda.gif
Somebodys gonna get the golden spoon award fer "stirrin it up".
eek.gif

I did actually refer to the EAR+ as heavily modded. I want to note my taste in music is rock and blues. So the grados speed and upfront character suits my music much better than the more slow tempo stuff I heard Mikey listening to. With my type of music I thought the grados came alive more with the Ear+. I like the DT880's, but I listened to them with my prototype singlepower and the mpx3 only, so I cant comment on the hd25 with beyers.

One thing we always forget about is the other variables in our systems. I like the hd25 much better than the hd300 with senns on my system. But my source, cables, wall outlets and especially ears are different. I just know that with the music I prefer and my favoite senn 650 headphones the ppx3 is my favorite of this group. The hd 25 isnt far behind. When I do a change of pace and go grado and heavy electric blues the ppx3 still does it for me. But for number two with this combo give me the Ear+.

One last thing... tyrion, KZEE, vanillawafer your all my buds. I hate to see you guys at one another. Maybe its all the negativity on the board of late, but dont get caught up in that. I dont understand some of the things here right now and I know it puts me on edge too. But remember this hobby is for fun and one of the best parts of the board is all the good people you meet and MAKING FRIENDS. Dont make enemies with one another, show our good side and keep showing it.
wink.gif
Mikey's a bud too
icon10.gif
but he didnt get mentioned because he is behaving.

Oct 21, 2004 at 3:27 AM Post #74 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
One last thing... tyrion, KZEE, vanillawafer your all my buds. I hate to see you guys at one another. Maybe its all the negativity on the board of late, but dont get caught up in that. I dont understand some of the things here right now and I know it puts me on edge too. But remember this hobby is for fun and one of the best parts of the board is all the good people you meet and MAKING FRIENDS. Dont make enemies with one another, show our good side and keep showing it.
wink.gif
Mikey's a bud too
icon10.gif
but he didnt get mentioned because he is behaving.

Point taken, didn't think I was going after anyone, but I will make sure I refrain from that.

Oct 21, 2004 at 3:31 AM Post #75 of 95
Aah crap
tongue.gif

My apologies to KZEE and the others...I did throw around some comments that were not required - I hope there isnt any permanent damage...or at least not the kind of damage that I am about th undergo in about 9 hours from now (getting a tooth pulled
frown.gif
)

Cheers guys!
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back