Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Aug 7, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #1,368 of 1,454
I use the AZLA sedna
It seems like Amazon carries a large range of the brand. I'll have to get some and test them out myself. Thanks for the recommendation! I was looking to test some new tips on my Carbons.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/AZLA/page/5DE7EFC8-E59D-41BC-A541-A76D09B69026?ref_=ast_bln
Yep.
I use the AZLA SednaEarfitLight Short ML on my Be. I think the Shorts work better on barrel type IEM's, like the Periodic IEM's. YMMV however. Also, I find they are sized a bit big so order one size under. Example: I use ML AZLA's though I typically wear L.

Sep 4, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #1,370 of 1,454
FYI, at periodicaudio.com they're having a 50% sale on blemished IEMs through September 7th. You can get Carbon for $150.

Sep 6, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #1,372 of 1,454
Hi there,

I plan to jump on the train and grab a Periodic IEM so I read/watched every single review I could found and I also read this thread from pg ~50 yesterday, but I'm still uncertain which one should I buy therefore I wanna ask for some help.
I even checked the select-a-tron on the official website (and it doesn't have metal and OST options) but I still can't decide between the BE and the C.

At the moment I use the following devices:
IEM: Trinity Audio Phantom Master with carbon nozzle
DAP: xDuoo x20
DAC: Audio-GD 11.28
Headphone: Audio-Technica ATH A990Z

I don't mind a little bit more bass, but the iem with the silver nozzle is too bassy to me for example, the headphone has too intimate presentation in the midrange.
I like microdetails, well defined placements/seperation.

I listen to metal-ish 90%+ of the time, like: Arch Enemy, Within Temptation, Nightwish, Solence, I Prevail, Hollywood Undead, Black Veil Brides, Breaking Benjamin, Five finger Death Punch, Falling in Reverse, System of a Down, New Years Day, Skillet, Ice Nine Kills etc but I also like Tina Guo, Ali Project, game OSTs (Final Fantasy, .hack) etc.

So could you help me would one should I grab? BE or C? (Honestly I'm really tempted to get the C but I'm a little bit afraid that it would be too bassy to my taste)

Sep 6, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #1,373 of 1,454
Hi there,

I plan to jump on the train and grab a Periodic IEM so I read/watched every single review I could found and I also read this thread from pg ~50 yesterday, but I'm still uncertain which one should I buy therefore I wanna ask for some help.
I even checked the select-a-tron on the official website (and it doesn't have metal and OST options) but I still can't decide between the BE and the C.

I don't mind a little bit more bass, but the iem with the silver nozzle is too bassy to me for example, the headphone has too intimate presentation in the midrange.

I listen to metal-ish 90%+ of the time, like: Arch Enemy, Within Temptation, Nightwish, Solence, I Prevail, Hollywood Undead, Black Veil Brides, Breaking Benjamin, Five finger Death Punch, Falling in Reverse, System of a Down, New Years Day, Skillet, Ice Nine Kills etc but I also like Tina Guo, Ali Project, game OSTs (Final Fantasy, .hack) etc.

So could you help me would one should I grab? BE or C? (Honestly I'm really tempted to get the C but I'm a little bit afraid that it would be too bassy to my taste)
Be given your preferences as C leans toward bassy.

Sep 6, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #1,374 of 1,454
Hi there,

Be is best for metal

Dec 21, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #1,378 of 1,454
Hi there,

you can can get a free C if you buy a BE right now and use the code “ladies” with their seasonal sale going on. Check out their twitter, they have tons of codes for sales.

Dec 27, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #1,379 of 1,454
So had the BE for a few hours... what strange beast they are. Initially, I was very let down by the potent bass and overly-lush signature. Worked nice with certain genres/songs but terribly with others, this didn't sound like a mid-fi earphone. Female vocals were completely drowned out. That was with the stock tips tho and FIIO M6. On my desktop setup tho and with Final tips definition was much better and the sound opened up. As expected... very musical, lovely timbre. It's a big and bold sound. If you like your electronic music you'll love it. Not that I'm saying that's all it is.

Very source dependent as much as tips. Originally I had an equally bold and warm AMP connected which although sounded really nice, a thinner, airier tube amp worked best for me. This gave the BE more room to breathe and definitely brought out the upper mids and treble better... it did lose some of that lushness slightly, but with foams, I found a good balance. The detail also started to show itself. I enjoyed big jazz band, acoustic, movie soundtracks. In some heavier rock, they occasionally lost their way. It's early yet, so my opinion may change over the next few days. I'm not one for burn-in making wholesale changes but I think it could be a sound that grows on you quickly.

What I will say, is that cable is TERRIBLE... what were they thinking?! I managed to get them NEW for £90 on eBay, if I'd paid the original price of close to £300 (if correct?) I'd be sending them right back cos it's an accident waiting to happen. It's thin and microphonics are AWFUL. It reminds me of the cable on my DUNU DN 2000, but that one is much firmer and stronger in comparison and I don't feel it's going to snap at the first unfortunate tug.

Dec 28, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #1,380 of 1,454
Soooo, last night i intended to give them an hour before I went to sleep... 3 hours later at 5am :)

With foam tips and listening to TIDAL with FIIO M6 and no distractions (or microphonics from walking), it was a different listening experience altogether. They still have that big and bold sound but it's very addictive. For such a lush sound I'm surprised the amount of detail they can pull out. The equal of some of my more analytical pairs, the difference being the Be can provide that detail without any impact on the smooth nature of their signature... oh, and that soundstage :)

I must admit, I'm a sucker for Andrew Lloyd Webber's music and I don't think I've been treated to such a magical listen. I really got to look beyond the fantastic vocal performances and hear the background music in all it's glory compliment the emotion in the lead vocal. The crescendo at times being especially captivating in some songs like the Music Of The Night. I really didn't think I'd hear anything more in Queen songs (I've been a religious fan since my youth after all... a long time ago) but I just smiled as I heard layered keyboards and bass notes play off each other, the note weight being equally 'big' but still agile enough. Some harmonies that I thought was Freddie I can now confirm as being Brian and Roger.

I really can't wait to hear more. I don't normally wear foams as much these days but I think I'll just enjoy what I'm hearing with them for now before chopping and changing. After all, it's the enjoyment of the music that's important so if it makes you smile why change things. I'm glad i came across these as it's not a brand I'd heard before or would consider looking for. Could be the best £90 I've spent.

IMG_20201228_203519.jpg
Be v Dunu DN2000 v B&O H3

Attachments

• IMG_20201228_203420.jpg
    IMG_20201228_203420.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back