Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Jun 3, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #1,353 of 1,454
Just thought I would again post how much I enjoy the superb performance of my Nickel! The SQ of this tiny device must be heard to believe that such great sound can be delivered from the headphone jack of both phone and entry level DAPs. Unbelievably, I find the sound of lossless music files from my phone to be comparable to that of my desktop gear.
What a brilliant concept Dan brought to the audiophile community! Many thanks, Dan!

Jun 9, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #1,354 of 1,454
Hey everyone! I'm a happy Be owner but I also have the Sony WM1A which Sony heavily focused it's design on the 4.4mm pentacon output, which output's alot more power. I have a question. Theoretically, if I had my Be's recabled with a MMCX detachable cable with a 4.4mm pentacon termination, would the Be's technically sound better through the 4.4mm on the WM1A then with the standard cable through the 3.5mm output?

Jun 9, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #1,356 of 1,454
Why not use a 4mm adapter? I use it for my desktop amp and it sounds perfect to my ears. JDS Atom, LG V30 and Periodic C and Be 'phones.

I've heard that using an adapter won't convert the signal to balanced if the cable itself is not balanced so I don't know.

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #1,358 of 1,454
Just thought I would again post how much I enjoy the superb performance of my Nickel! The SQ of this tiny device must be heard to believe that such great sound can be delivered from the headphone jack of both phone and entry level DAPs. Unbelievably, I find the sound of lossless music files from my phone to be comparable to that of my desktop gear.
What a brilliant concept Dan brought to the audiophile community! Many thanks, Dan!
I have to agree. After having my nickel with my Carbons and listening for several months I have to say this little device is such a joy. Truly underrated and deserves more attention for the quality it delivers. I find myself enjoying songs over and over again which I find lacking from other sources. The combination of the nickel and carbon is a great combination.

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #1,359 of 1,454
I made a full in-depth written review about the Carbon IEMs from Periodic Audio. Those are some badass IEMs for bass lovers, and although they may look quite bland on the surface, they have a strong heart, with lots of punch to make you jump

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/06/ready-for-bass-periodic-audio-carbon.html

Periodic-Audio-Carbon-PA-C-IEMs-Earphones-In-Depth-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-40.jpg

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #1,360 of 1,454
I made a full in-depth written review about the Carbon IEMs from Periodic Audio. Those are some badass IEMs for bass lovers, and although they may look quite bland on the surface, they have a strong heart, with lots of punch to make you jump

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/06/ready-for-bass-periodic-audio-carbon.html

Periodic-Audio-Carbon-PA-C-IEMs-Earphones-In-Depth-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-40.jpg

Timely as I've got one of them puppies coming in later this week. Interesting that some find them thinner than the BE while others like you find them thicker. I guess I'll see for myself.

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #1,361 of 1,454
Carbon is bonkers! Don't listen too loud or the bass will literally knock you out! At moderate volume they are simply amazing with the limited set of genres I've used them with so far.

Aug 7, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #1,364 of 1,454
Burning in the Be now.. these are a detail monster. They really scale up with a good source, and they like power. These sound better the louder they get. Looking forward to what they will be like at 100 hrs.

Quoted for truth.

Also, a few words on fit and power.

It took me a couple of months to figure out the fit on the Be, which would sound alternately fantastic, then flat out terrible (bloated bass, harsh upper-mids, muffled and distant treble). I gave up on them dozens of times, tried all kinds of tips, but each time I did seem to get something right, they sounded great, and I would change my mind again. Eventually I found that wearing them with the cable up allowed them to sit in my ears at its natural angle, and they sound consistently excellent now.

Separately, on power, while the Be can certainly be powered just fine out of an iPhone, they scale tremendously. Driving them from the Magni 3+ yielded significant improvements in soundstage, clarity, and separation, compared to the iFi nano BL or Topping NX4 DSD. I'd put them up there with my Sony Z5 in terms of scalability.

A final word on the Be's sound: they're wonderfully rich and organic with some of the best timbre I've heard; rather reminiscent of the Sony EX1000, in fact, but with much more powerful bass, and smoother treble.

IMG_4670.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #1,365 of 1,454
Has anyone tried the Azla Sedna tips on these? Just wondering about compatibility.

Actually while I'm at it - Monster foam tips? KZ star tips? Tennmak whirlwinds? Final Audio tips?

The Azla Sedna tips are my favourite tips with the Be and fit just fine - highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back