Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Feb 4, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #1,396 of 1,454
I've noticed the volume spike and dip as well as it disconnecting while playing., I'm using lg v30 plus

Have you reached out yet? I'm hoping they change their tune for me if others are experiencing the same problem. Highly disappointed with both the product and support.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #1,398 of 1,454
Not yet , just did now

Thanks for lighting a fire under their butts. They just responded with a return label. Think I should return or exchange? If others are experiencing this problem, then I'm inclined just to return. I wonder what the issue is -- a physical part or something software side on Android phones. Either way, who knows if and when a fix will ever come. Back to my $9 Apple adapter and Qudelix for now.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #1,400 of 1,454
I think I solved some problem, neutron music player is better for it then uapp.

Got in touch with Dan. Indeed seems to be app related. I opened up Pocket Casts and Neutron -- both were fine. I'll be keeping given the price, and to see if the situation improves through app updates. As a community service, I have a running list of confirmed and not confirmed apps. Please feel free to PM me if you would like to contribute, I'll update regularly for the coming days.

Confirmed working as of 2.6.21:
Neutron
Pocket Casts
YouTube Music

Not working:
UAPP
Sirius XM
Oto Music

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #1,402 of 1,454
My Rhodium DAC is out for delivery. I'm primarily planning on using it w/ my Windows laptop to get cleaner audio that my mobo mounted headphone jack will provide. I'm wondering if anyone has experimented with using it on any iOS devices. I'm skeptical if it would work with a lightning to USB-C adapter, but some of the newer iPad Pros have native USB-C. I wonder if anyone has tried this combo.

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #1,403 of 1,454
Just got my Rh. Seems DOA. anyone else having issues?

- Blips and crackling in audio
- Volume boosts and dips occur at random (not as frequent)
- Not a black background, at least with my Be I'm testing with

occurring on my Macbook pro (usb C) and S21 Ultra.

I've reached out to Periodic, but sad morning :frowning2:

**Update**
Macbook seems to be A-OK with it now after a reboot. Still don't have a black background, which is something the $9 Apple adapter does just fine.

Doesn't seem compatible with my Samsung. IDK if the device is defective or if its just not compatible with the latest S21 series. Either way, looks like it'll be going back since I bought it for mobile use and the crackling and volume dips are just awful.

The first and only Periodic product to disappoint.
That's weird. Sorry to hear this. I wonder if something along the chain is causing the crackling. Mine works perfect with my iPhone and from my MacBook. Wish I didn't have to use the adapter but whatever! It works well for me!

Feb 10, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #1,405 of 1,454
What adapter are you using with your iPhone?
I have an Apple Lightning to USB A adapter. There's a picture of a camera on it so I think it's a camera adapter. I used to have the larger camera adapter which will also work. iPhone, Apple Lightning to USB A, Periodic Audio USB A to USB C adapter, Rhodium, headphones (Carbons). I also can plug directly into my MacBook USB C without any adapters. I'm excited about this device - its easy and affordable. It also helps my favorite portable audio company continue to develop the great stuff they do!

Mar 18, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #1,406 of 1,454
Welp. A couple nights ago I had my headphones plugged into my laptop via the Rhodium DAC but wasn't wearing them. I was trying to listen to a video in the background as I worked and thought something was wrong w/ my bad laptop speakers, so I turned the volume up to 100%. Eventually I realized what I had been hearing was the sound of pushing my BE's to 100% while they were sitting on my desk. Now they sound a little spicy and gainy when I'm listening to music. Any good way to test if I actually blew them out, is that even possible w/ the combo of the BE earbuds and Rhodium DAC?

Mar 18, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #1,407 of 1,454
Welp. A couple nights ago I had my headphones plugged into my laptop via the Rhodium DAC but wasn't wearing them. I was trying to listen to a video in the background as I worked and thought something was wrong w/ my bad laptop speakers, so I turned the volume up to 100%. Eventually I realized what I had been hearing was the sound of pushing my BE's to 100% while they were sitting on my desk. Now they sound a little spicy and gainy when I'm listening to music. Any good way to test if I actually blew them out, is that even possible w/ the combo of the BE earbuds and Rhodium DAC?
They should be OK - we power-tested the design with 200 mW for 30 minutes... If you're not sure, we can test them for you if you send them back - we'll run a full AP test suite and send you the results.

Dan

Mar 18, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #1,409 of 1,454
Yeah, some recordings are a bit noisy, and you find those easily with decent IEMs!

Jul 12, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #1,410 of 1,454
I have been using the Rhodium with my Moto G7 phone, Lenovo tablet and Shanling M0 Dap with no issues at all. Paired with the Nickel, the combo actually outperforms my desktop setup. I especially appreciate the small power draw of the Rhodium. Hopefully, Dan can address the issues to resolve any individual problems. I do recall him stating that it doesn't always play nice with Apple products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back