Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Apr 19, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #212 of 1,454
  I think their (Be's) tonality veering ever slightly to bright. Not a problem in most of my playlist but it can and does sound bright in recordings that are also brightly mastered (lots of Japanese indies for example).

I can see this.  Someone mentioned they can sound splashy.  I definitely can see this on certain recordings.  I always pay attention to the cymbals and there can be a high pitched frequency (hard to explain) at times that doesnt sound right but also that splashiness.  It isn't a deal breaker as its kind of a, on-the-fence, off-the-fence thing.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #213 of 1,454

I can see this.  Someone mentioned they can sound splashy.  I definitely can see this on certain recordings.  I always pay attention to the cymbals and there can be a high pitched frequency (hard to explain) at times that doesn't sound right but also that splashiness.  It isn't a deal breaker as its kind of a, on-the-fence, off-the-fence thing.

Nothing to be afraid of it . As I said ''a bit in higher FR'' I think  it was due to the Be's revealing nature. I have once again checked my reference music collection and can not detect any fatigue or any unnaturalness. If the recording has any sibilance especially in female vocals it will reveal but it is not emphasizing it. I think the amount of higher FRs is spot on.  Overall, the more I listen to it the more it grows on me.   

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #215 of 1,454

Nothing to be afraid of it . As I said ''a bit in higher FR'' I think  it was due to the Be's revealing nature. I have once again checked my reference music collection and can not detect any fatigue or any unnaturalness. If the recording has any sibilance especially in female vocals it will reveal but it is not emphasizing it. I think the amount of higher FRs is spot on.  Overall, the more I listen to it the more it grows on me.   

Agreed.  I love my Bes.

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #216 of 1,454
Hey DanWiggins will your IEMs be available to purchase in Germany anytime soon? Don't like to deal with customs... I am especially interested in the Be, of course :)

Cheers

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #217 of 1,454
Hey @DanWiggins will your IEMs be available to purchase in Germany anytime soon? Don't like to deal with customs... I am especially interested in the Be, of course
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers

What is the problem with custom, I had no issue (Belgium)

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #218 of 1,454
I just don't like it... bad experiences from the past where items been held by customs for ages... OK weeks really but still :wink:

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #220 of 1,454

You should ask Dan to under declare the value, otherwise you will owe 2.5% + 19% VAT. Depending on the courier you may also have to pay a fee for customs clearing.

This is illegal. I rather pay custom and VAT than ask a legit business to do like the Chinese. In any case if they end up sold locally you will need to pay it. No way around.

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #223 of 1,454
Yeah especially the custom clearing is really annoying, since it's Money for nothing... Oh gonna dig out dire straits tonight :)

Apr 19, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #225 of 1,454

You will still pay it to any shop in germany since they need to recoup it. come on guys. be realistic

Not strictly true. Shops in Germany will be able to claim back the VAT that they have paid as they are companies, so they will be able to sell them at the same price as the US people enjoy. Privately importing goods means that you will effectively pay VAT twice, once in US and once in Germany.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back