Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite
Aug 4, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #1,202 of 1,683
I find it strange they are willing to mess around with the software for the DAC, but they won't lift a finger to fix eLyric. (FYI I hate jRiver, it has far too many options and won't quit crashing long enough for me to figure it out). 

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #1,204 of 1,683
Hi Folks,

I've more recently joined the club with an upgraded PWD1->2. Firmware rolling times now. I'm down to 2.0.3 so will let it settle for a couple of days before I decide going back.

Couple of questions:
- what's that latest firmware then that works with upgraded PWD1s
- how does one download the firmware. I've tried the 2.2.0 page on the PS Audio website, but there's no link whatsoever there... Just an image with no hyperlinks. This is with all the firmware. It's way late here (4:15am) so maybe I'm just too tired, but hope someone can help.

Aug 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #1,206 of 1,683
There are no download links there whatsoever. Just a png image and text... Can anyone check that page and confirm if they see a download link? Or would much appreciate if anyone can PM me or post the download link to the latest firmware here. I am looking for PLD109 or whatever the latest stable is.

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #1,208 of 1,683
That is all while being logged in. So does it work for you? 

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #1,210 of 1,683
Must be something wrong with my user account then.

Later edit: Thanks to Solude I am now at 2.2.0 PLD109. Having used 2.0.3 for a number of hours the latest does seem to sound more precise, accurate and actually cleaner. And this is what I prefer. Not sure what people were complaining about. Sounds like an improvement to me. I am using Filter 5 too, as I'm hearing more spark on the treble, but definetely not the sharp kind.

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #1,211 of 1,683
The largest change was described as a reduced process time, read lower jitter.  Low jitter brings focus which I love but others don't.

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #1,213 of 1,683
Quote:
The largest change was described as a reduced process time, read lower jitter.  Low jitter brings focus which I love but others don't.

What is the point of a high-end DAC having less than optimal SQ. Rhetorical question.

Aug 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #1,214 of 1,683
Quote:
Must be something wrong with my user account then.

Later edit: Thanks to Solude I am now at 2.2.0 PLD109. Having used 2.0.3 for a number of hours the latest does seem to sound more precise, accurate and actually cleaner. And this is what I prefer. Not sure what people were complaining about. Sounds like an improvement to me. I am using Filter 5 too, as I'm hearing more spark on the treble, but definetely not the sharp kind.

The 2.20 firmware you have is a new version.  It is the original that sounded horrid on some machines (including mine).  The new 2.20 is worlds apart from the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back