Perfect opposite
Mar 7, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #46 of 56

Quote:
Ok so still not sure if I want the ATh AD700's. Gonna try and save up enough so I can get 200 bucks for some new cans. Feel free to go a lil above (and of course below)

But here are the specs I desire:

nice soundstage
Nice bass (since my grados have bass, but not all that noticable, tight would be the adjective)
something that can be driven by my PA2v2 for now but will be complementary of the Little Dot 1+ I'm going to be getting in the future
nice with movies
comfy
I would enjoy around the ear but not a necessity
And again, something different (doesn't have to be different but something to compliment) my grados

Thanks for all responses

the A700, the ad700's closed counterpart.

Mar 7, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #47 of 56
What about the DJ1pro?

Mar 7, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #48 of 56
it's good, it just has no soundstage. the a700 has a gigANTIc sound stage for being closed, like  i thought the hfi-580's sound stage was large no this puts it to shame.

Mar 7, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #49 of 56
bump/ I can't afford the dj1pros yet. So I'm still in decision mode. I think the ultrasone 580's may be it since I was gonna buy the pros from a member here at headfi

Mar 17, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #50 of 56
BUMP

Mar 17, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #51 of 56
Well given what you want, I would strongly advise you not to get the ad700. There is a serious lack of bass and you seem to be looking for a little more. A popular choice is the m50 at your price range. It has a decent amount of bass. The soundstage is ok, but then again, most of my headphones have very big soundstage. I don't know much about it, but you might also want to look at the sennheiser hd555.

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #52 of 56
what about any of the ultrasones

Mar 17, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #53 of 56
I know close to nothing about ultrasones so I can't tell you anything about them. All I can say is that all the headphones recommended have been pretty good. Whatever headphone you end up going with, I doubt that you'll be unsatisfied with any of them so long as they aren't too polarizing (like the AD700s).

Mar 18, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #54 of 56
thanks man. Anyone else?

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #55 of 56
bump

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #56 of 56
I think the hardest part of this hobby is starting out. Every manufacturer has it's own unique sound, and it's really hard to get a good reading on which one you may like most. It gets quite frustrating actually. Because you'll always have the feeling of, "What if there is another one out there that I'll like more?" Well, there probably is, but you can't look at it that way. You sometimes just have to jump on a headphone, and run with it. Enjoy it for what it gives you, and make note one what you would like to improve, and try again with another one later. Just get one that you "think" you want, and go with it. If reviews lean in favor of your musical preferences, go for it. You'll enjoy ANY headphone far more than stressing about which one to buy.

Good luck, and I hope you find one soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back