Perfect headphones for me (in a budget of about $100)?
Feb 15, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #79 of 85
Thank you everybody for all of the assistance. You all have been a great help to me. Even though I ended up buying CALs, I am sure I will be purchasing some sr60i/sr80is sometime within the next 6 months to sample the Grado sound. I really appreciate everyone spending their time to share their opinions with me. 

Feb 22, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #81 of 85
Even though I ended up buying CALs, I am sure I will be purchasing some sr60i/sr80is sometime within the next 6 months to sample the Grado sound. I really appreciate everyone spending their time to share their opinions with me. 
Good intuition. I couldn't reply earlier, otherwise I would've linked you here (CLICK). His statements made my choice for buying the CAL in the first place, all in all he seems to have a similar taste and reception of sound.

Before you look into Grados later on, don't go buy them immediately , just look for someone near you who lets you listen to them for 30 minutes or so, that's a much better thing than spending 100$ and regretting it a few minutes after you tried them for the first time ^^

Remembering the pressing mids and annoying highs of the MS1i/MS1000i, I wonder if the "lower" Grado/Alessandro are somewhat more suitable for the hearing impaired.
I can just imagine that these phones would please someone who already has a weak hearing capability in the middle and higher frequency ranges - or the other way around - I wouldn't know how to stand these mids/highs for a longer period of time if I didn't have that (imaginary) hearing impairment.
But again, that's just me.

May 29, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #84 of 85
Quote:
Consider Takstar Pro80, they are really good for the price..

I might try the Takstar Pro80, if a used one in good shape shows up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back