Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Dec 31, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #1,712 of 2,804
Quote:
Doesn't Akkerman ship worldwide? To Hungary won't be a problem I think.
I buy a lot of stuff there by mail, really good service.
He even called me today (Sunday) for a pen that needs to get repaired.

Yes, they do ship ww. My concern is that it costs €20, so I try to find other people for a group-buy.

Dec 31, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #1,713 of 2,804
Yeah, shipping from Western Europe is expensive, I know, it's always a problem when I need to ship smaller/inexpensive items WW. And commercial couriers cost about double from here to the US than vice/versa.

I have to order some MB ink from Akkerman next week so if you want I could order your bottle(s) along with it and send it to you. Shipping to Hungary would be 8,30€ if the package weighs under 350gr., 12,45€ if it's between 350gr. and 1kg. No tracking or insurance for that price though, registered is 4,90€ extra.

Sorry to post this here mods, normilly it would have been better to post it in a PM but I posted it here anyway in case anybody else wants some of the MB or Akkerman inks while I am ordering now anyway. Saves them the cost of shipping from Akkerman to me and I can ship cheaper to them.

For those that need something from Akkerman drop me a PM before tomorrow night.

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #1,714 of 2,804
Just came in the mail today: My Lamy Logo (stainless steel) with a fine nib. Writes beautifully, just like the safari, and not much more, but in my opinion is a much more mature looking design. The z26 size cartridge holds more ink as well. Not very heavy, but comfortable to hold. I'm quite pleased with it.

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #1,715 of 2,804
There's a *possible* deal on Massdrop for fountain pens that's coming up and being voted on right now  by anyone with an account.
Link is HERE

Don't let the lamy or vista win, the starting price is $35 and it doesn't include free shipping or even a converter, and TSWBI Mini is about to beat it out and is already $5 below amazon's price. Go vote for the tswbi mini!!! I wanna get that thing for half off, don't you? Lol. but seriously, anyone voting for the Lamy or vista at this point obviously likes to waste their money. If the starting prices was $22, OK. But it's almost $40 for a Lamy and people are letting it win. DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN.
/deal.

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #1,716 of 2,804
In the spirit of keeping The Art of Writing by hand alive, since 1 January, I have written three personal letters at length and five notecards. All using my Pilot Falcon2 Metal Fountain pen. What are you all writing and what are you writing it with?

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #1,717 of 2,804
Quote:
In the spirit of keeping The Art of Writing by hand alive, since 1 January, I have written three personal letters at length and five notecards. All using my Pilot Falcon2 Metal Fountain pen. What are you all writing and what are you writing it with?

Lots of college notes as well as sheet music that I'm writing(both college and personal).  Just a Lamy Safari with a extra fine nib for now.

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #1,718 of 2,804
I am inspired by both your college note taking and sheet music. That you're flowing with Lamy is as fine as any other instrument. I've seen/heard many an experienced musician pick up lower end kit and yet, they still have that unmistakable sound that identifies them.
beerchug.gif

Jan 28, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #1,720 of 2,804
Quote:

I wonder how many people write a letter with a fountain pen, then scan it and e-mail it.

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #1,721 of 2,804
Quote:
Quote:

I wonder how many people write a letter with a fountain pen, then scan it and e-mail it.

deadhorse.gif
dt880smile.png

You raise a good point! Though, with some magazines on my iPad, I'd rather have in my hands while relaxing.

Feb 4, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #1,724 of 2,804
I am trolling u guys:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back