Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Dec 16, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #1,682 of 2,803

The Red Cross (not the people that show  up at blood drives) is a twist mechanism in typical Cross fashion.
The Green Cross you pull to open and push to close.
Lot of nice fountain pens have been shown.

Dec 16, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #1,684 of 2,803
Congrats, FieldZ, your addiction is now underway...
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 17, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #1,685 of 2,803
Which are the best refills for Parker ballpoint pens? There are  many choices besides Parker, such as Pelikan, Caran D'Or, Rotring, Schmidt, and probably many other brands I haven't yet seen. I guess each of these brands offers a few choices. I am looking for traditional ballpoint, not gel or rollerball. How do the new Parker Quink refills compare?

Dec 17, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #1,686 of 2,803
Quote:
Which are the best refills for Parker ballpoint pens? There are  many choices besides Parker, such as Pelikan, Caran D'Or, Rotring, Scmidt, and probably many other brands I haven't yet seen. I guess each of these brands offers a few choices. I am looking for traditional ballpoint, not gel or rollerball. How do the new Parker Quink refills compare?

The new ones are pretty good actually, they're called Quinkflow. Way different than the previous versions. Fisher Space Pen pressurised refills sometimes have an adapter on them to suit Parker ballpoints too if you want to write underwrite, on oil, in zero gravity etc.

Dec 23, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #1,690 of 2,803
Quote:
 The new ones are pretty good actually, they're called Quinkflow. Way different than the previous versions. Fisher Space Pen pressurised refills sometimes have an adapter on them to suit Parker ballpoints too if you want to write underwrite, on oil, in zero gravity etc.

I saw something about a Parker Lubriglide refill being in the new Parker Jotter Premium. I couldn't find Parker Lubriglide refills sold separately. If the Parker Lubriglide refill writes like the Papermate Lubriglide refill for the old Papermate Profile it would be great. Papermate is part of Newell, which also owns Parker, Waterman, Rotring, and Sanford.

How does the Parker Lubriglide refill compare to the Quinkflow one? Does the Quinkflow ink dry very fast, or is it more like a rollerball or gel ink that is slower drying?

Dec 23, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #1,693 of 2,803
When I was a student I used to keep  high quality ballpoint pens in my shirt pocket. So many people asked to borrow them. After a while, I started buying 10 cent pens by the dozens, and keeping many in my briefcase. When someone asked to borrow my pen, I took out a 10 cent pen from my briefcase, and told them they could keep it. I got so many strange looks from doing this.

Dec 24, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #1,694 of 2,803
I know that this is probably somewhere in this huge thread, but what's everyone's take on the Lamy 2000? I'll be getting one soon, and want to know what I'all be getting myself into beforehand.
Cheers!

My friend at school has one, and it's a little dependent on writing angle, but it writes like butter and to me feels great in the hand. I prefer the fine tip, as like all lamy pens it writes a little wide, but not as wide as the cheaper models

Users who are viewing this thread

Back