Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Dec 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #1,652 of 2,803
Never saw this thread before.

I have a Montblanc mid-sized black resin and gold with green gem Boheme BB with converter and a Starwalker rubber and metal BB with converter.
Planning to get 2 more pens: a 149 BB or O3B and a Pelikan M1000 BBB.

Quite a few nice inks here, all MB: Mystery Black, Midnight Blue, Blue-Black, Royal Blue, Lavender Purple, Toffee Brown, Sepia, Mahatma Gandhi, Alfred Hitchcock, Ink of Friendship, White Forest and Jonathan Swift.

Anyone heard anything of the two new inks to come out soon? One would be a silver tint, not sure what the other was.

Pens, ink and stash ...
(not the greatest pics, I know)

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #1,653 of 2,803
AppleheadMay, that's simply a beautiful presentation!
beerchug.gif

P.S...thanks, EmptyTalk. Caught posting again in the wee hours of the morning. 
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #1,655 of 2,803
A week ago, i had the joy of bringing my nakaya pen to the nibmaster of nakaya himself Mr Shinichi Yoshida where he customized my pen nib for me. Damn does it write oh so well, better than my Sailor.

One of the few time of my life that i was so excited :D

Dec 11, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #1,659 of 2,803
Quote:
AppleheadMay, that's simply a beautiful presentation!
beerchug.gif

P.S...thanks, EmptyTalk. Caught posting again in the wee hours of the morning. 
ksc75smile.gif

Thanks Silent One, work in progress though. Two more pens, and checking out the MB inks as they come available.

The rightmost one is a ballpoint though, also broad tip, I'm a big fan of broad writing. Oblique didn't suit me well though, I had an OBB on the Starwalker at first. I would like to try a 149 O3B just to make sure though. Good thing about MB is that you have 6 weeks to decide on a nib-change after purchase or nib-change.

Dec 11, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #1,660 of 2,803
Quote:
A week ago, i had the joy of bringing my nakaya pen to the nibmaster of nakaya himself Mr Shinichi Yoshida where he customized my pen nib for me. Damn does it write oh so well, better than my Sailor.

I have an Nakaya Urushi and a Sailor Professional.  Love they way they both write, very different though.  The Nakaya seems more delicate and the Sailor more smooth i think.  I had a Sailor mini i used to carry around, thus it disappeared.
frown.gif

Otherwise just a Lamy Studio that is pretty stiff feeling and a Jetpens ballpoint.

Dec 11, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #1,664 of 2,803
FYI --

I've been working on a couple of prototype fountain pen holders for my desk. Almost have the first one completed and hope to post pix soon. And start work on the second one and post pix of it at month end. The interruptions experienced with the project have largely been about money...the lack thereof, actually. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back