Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning]
Dec 11, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #1,666 of 2,804
ooh no, we ain't that far advanced. and not with either of my wonder pilot metal falcon pens in any case. i'd have to start out cheap! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #1,667 of 2,804
Quote:
A week ago, i had the joy of bringing my nakaya pen to the nibmaster of nakaya himself Mr Shinichi Yoshida where he customized my pen nib for me. Damn does it write oh so well, better than my Sailor. One of the few time of my life that i was so excited :D

iamdacow, do you also post on the Fountain Pen Network website? I am not a member there, but I like to read the posts, and your pictures look familiar. I just got into fountain pens recently, and am trying to quit buying them. I have a Lamy Vista (just replaced the EF nib with a Fine nib, and like it better that way), a Pelikan M205 with EF nib, and a Pilot Custom Heritage 91 with Fine nib. The Pilot is my favorite so far. I want to try a Sailor Professional Gear and maybe a Platinum 3776 Century, but don't really have the funds and don't really NEED another pen at the moment.

Those Nakaya pens look awesome. But, much too expensive for me!

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #1,668 of 2,804
iamdacow, do you also post on the Fountain Pen Network website? I am not a member there, but I like to read the posts, and your pictures look familiar. I just got into fountain pens recently, and am trying to quit buying them. I have a Lamy Vista (just replaced the EF nib with a Fine nib, and like it better that way), a Pelikan M205 with EF nib, and a Pilot Custom Heritage 91 with Fine nib. The Pilot is my favorite so far. I want to try a Sailor Professional Gear and maybe a Platinum 3776 Century, but don't really have the funds and don't really NEED another pen at the moment.

Those Nakaya pens look awesome. But, much too expensive for me!
nope I am not a member of the fountain pen network, that's for the hardcore of the hardcore, they describe a fountain like we describe audio. :D

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #1,669 of 2,804
Quote:
nope I am not a member of the fountain pen network, that's for the hardcore of the hardcore, they describe a fountain like we describe audio.
biggrin.gif

Yep, noticed that too. That's why Iimited myself to 4 nice pens and a ballpoint along with a river of ink when I joined that site. 
biggrin.gif
 Gotta draw the line somewhere.

Some pretty helpful people there though, nice forum as well. I'm don't visit it that often but there are fine samples of ink to look at there to make a choice.

Dec 11, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #1,670 of 2,804
I have not yet joined the Fountain Pen Network. But, I did start reading it a few times a month, beginning last year. As a long time lover/user of Rhodia Notepads, I was surprised to discover "Rhodia Street" late last year. It took visiting the FPN to trip over it! 
biggrin.gif
 Ah, the joys of links and breadcrumbs...

Dec 11, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #1,671 of 2,804
Quote:
I have not yet joined the Fountain Pen Network. But, I did start reading it a few times a month, beginning last year. As a long time lover/user of Rhodia Notepads, I was surprised to discover "Rhodia Street" late last year. It took visiting the FPN to trip over it! 
biggrin.gif

Carefull, though they don't explicitly state it, their motto is the same as on HF ... sorry for your wallet. 
biggrin.gif

As I said, I decided on 4 pens and a ballpoint, exactly what fits the pen case I bought. I know what pens I want and I'm keeping to it. Got enough bleeding expensive hobbys already. A river of ink won't hurt me though whioch is why I keep visiting them, they got a wealth of info and previews on ink.
Links and breadcrumbs ... hush, they're the most dangerous. :wink:

Dec 11, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #1,672 of 2,804
Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif

Carefull, though they don't explicitly state it, their motto is the same as on HF ... sorry for your wallet. 
biggrin.gif

As I said, I decided on 4 pens and a ballpoint, exactly what fits the pen case I bought. I know what pens I want and I'm keeping to it. Got enough bleeding expensive hobbys already. A river of ink won't hurt me though whioch is why I keep visiting them, they got a wealth of info and previews on ink.
Links and breadcrumbs ... hush, they're the most dangerous. :wink:

For years, I was fine not owning any personal luxury pens. The brokerage firms I worked for always had executives who let me use stuff - their pens, offices, conference rooms and such. I started out working evenings while paying my way through college and their support really helped out. Some fine stuff those cats had! 

Nearly all of the pens in their offices had to be gifts - they're always getting things. They rarely used their fountain pens though. And once they found out I wrote personal letters by hand, they'd encourage me - "Here, use this or try this..." It was as if they were living their dream of writing through me. I didn't mind...
rolleyes.gif

But now, FPN & Rhodia Street is threatening the empty tea tins marked "Audio" to save up cash.

Dec 11, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #1,673 of 2,804
Quote:

For years, I was fine not owning any personal luxury pens. The brokerage firms I worked for always had executives who let me use stuff - their pens, offices, conference rooms and such. I started out working evenings while paying my way through college and their support really helped out. Some fine stuff those cats had! 

Nearly all of the pens in their offices had to be gifts - they're always getting things. They rarely used their fountain pens though. And once they found out I wrote personal letters by hand, they'd encourage me - "Here, use this or try this..." It was as if they were living their dream of writing through me. I didn't mind...
rolleyes.gif

But now, FPN & Rhodia Street is threatening the empty tea tins marked "Audio" to save up cash.

@Not_so_Silent_ One:
I'd love to answer this but I won't since I've had a few beers which only happens twice or thrice in a year.
Suffice to say: consider yourself way more interesting than those **** a few adjectives here **** people.
Kudos to them for helping you pay through college though, at least they did something right. :wink:

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #1,674 of 2,804
dt880smile.png
 What an indictment! All things considered, even Wall Streeters got bills and gotta get paid. 
ph34r.gif
 I may want to edit that statement tomorrow...

Dec 12, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #1,675 of 2,804
Quote:
Never saw this thread before.

I have a Montblanc mid-sized black resin and gold with green gem Boheme BB with converter and a Starwalker rubber and metal BB with converter.
Planning to get 2 more pens: a 149 BB or O3B and a Pelikan M1000 BBB.

Quite a few nice inks here, all MB: Mystery Black, Midnight Blue, Blue-Black, Royal Blue, Lavender Purple, Toffee Brown, Sepia, Mahatma Gandhi, Alfred Hitchcock, Ink of Friendship, White Forest and Jonathan Swift.

Anyone heard anything of the two new inks to come out soon? One would be a silver tint, not sure what the other was.

Pens, ink and stash ...
(not the greatest pics, I know)

Oh my! Those White Forest green inks are awesome (Wanna trade? Haha! 
redface.gif
)! By the way, Einstein ink is charcoal grey and there are three or more new inks coming up in 2013.

Source: I am a seller myself(although not an authorised seller, Montblanc is cutting down selling licenses)

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #1,676 of 2,804
Quote:
Oh my! Those White Forest green inks are awesome (Wanna trade? Haha! 
redface.gif
)! By the way, Einstein ink is charcoal grey and there are three or more new inks coming up in 2013.

Source: I am a seller myself(although not an authorised seller, Montblanc is cutting down selling licenses)

Thanks for the info!
Please keep us up to date here, I'm always very interested in any new MB inks.
I don't buy them all though, only the ones I really like. The two greens I have for example are very different in color and both are darker shades unlike racing green which i find too light and flashy for a green.
I usually hate red ink but the Hitchcock one is really great. A true blood red color when wet and gets brownish red just like dried blood when dry. They made that one really well.

Too bad you live so far or I could buy them from you

Dec 12, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #1,680 of 2,804
Quote:
Quote:
Lady Murasaki --

I really love my Pilot Iroshizuku - Murasaki-Shikibu (Purple) ink! 

Pretty bottle!

The bottle reminds me of perfume. You should see this colour ink against crisp white paper! The ink is a combo of Purple with a touch of Blue. So, those who like Purple, it'll turn their heads. Those who like Blue, it'll turn their heads, too! 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back