PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jan 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #511 of 9,120
Hmm, I'll have some money to spend post exam time. What do you guys think:
1) HD7970 + fullcover waterblock and backplate
2) GTX670 + fullcover waterblock and backplate
3) Wacom Cintiq 12WX or equivalent
4) Sony MA900

Jan 21, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #512 of 9,120
Quote:
Hmm, I'll have some money to spend post exam time. What do you guys think:
1) HD7970 + fullcover waterblock and backplate
2) GTX670 + fullcover waterblock and backplate
3) Wacom Cintiq 12WX or equivalent
4) Sony MA900

As of right now, I'm feeling that option 1. But then again, I want a new GPU.

That sony is also nice.

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #513 of 9,120
Dead Island sure looks nice with supersampling.

Also, some of the texture work is pretty impressive.

It's really a shame it doesn't support MSAA, though. It'd be nice to squeeze a little more image quality out.

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #515 of 9,120
Get a constant 60, so it really does look great in motion. The animation of the trees and grass blowing in the wind are what really does it.

I like the game, but it's difficulty gets frustrating, so I ended up just using a trainer.
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #516 of 9,120
Quote:
Get a constant 60, so it really does look great in motion. The animation of the trees and grass blowing in the wind are what really does it.

I like the game, but it's difficulty gets frustrating, so I ended up just using a trainer.
biggrin.gif

Really? I didn't find it that hard?

It's fun to make all the weapons and everything. 

Were you the one that was very excited for love live?

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #517 of 9,120
Quote:

biggrin.gif

What kind of rig are you running? Those screenshots look fantastic.

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #519 of 9,120
Quote:
Really? I didn't find it that hard?

It's fun to make all the weapons and everything. 

Were you the one that was very excited for love live?

The controls don't really lend themselves well to precise controls, so I would always just be hitting air, or hitting their chest when going for the head. I'd end up wasting so much stamina like that I'd get overwhelmed by enemies, and end up dying.

Quote:

What kind of rig are you running? Those screenshots look fantastic.

Nothing special, just an Athlon II X4 2.9GHz, 4GB of RAM, and a GTX 650 Ti 2GB.

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #520 of 9,120
Quote:
Windows 8 looks okay.

I'm also currently running Windows 8 (upgraded from Windows 7 using that program Microsoft had). There's a lot of compatibility issues with using it right now so I wished I stayed with 7...

Quote:

Ah I see. I'll go grab a copy of DI. Hehe. :)

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #521 of 9,120
Quote:
Windows 8 looks okay.

I love Windows 8 for the reason it has a better foundation (just more polished) than Win 7, has built in multi-monitor scaling (no more need for 3rd party programs), and gets rid of the ugly Aero Glass (that's just my opinion on it). Metro I'm on the fence with. There are programs out there that return the start button anyways (free or paid, all work very well).

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #522 of 9,120
Quote:

I'm also currently running Windows 8 (upgraded from Windows 7 using that program Microsoft had). There's a lot of compatibility issues with using it right now so I wished I stayed with 7...

Aside from having to reinstall 3dsMAX, 3dcoat and Topogun I'm not having any problems. Seems a little faster than 7 as well.

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #523 of 9,120
The controls don't really lend themselves well to precise controls, so I would always just be hitting air, or hitting their chest when going for the head. I'd end up wasting so much stamina like that I'd get overwhelmed by enemies, and end up dying.

And that is exactly my problem with AC3. Its controls suck

Aside from having to reinstall 3dsMAX, 3dcoat and Topogun I'm not having any problems. Seems a little faster than 7 as well.

Looks nice. I dont wanna switch as all my programs and alls are here. Ok. I admit it is because I an lazy and that not all games have been confirmed to run on 8

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #524 of 9,120
Quote:
And that is exactly my problem with AC3. Its controls suck
Looks nice. I dont wanna switch as all my programs and alls are here. Ok. I admit it is because I an lazy and that not all games have been confirmed to run on 8

Every Ass Creed game has terribad console port controls. I have the first and second from a steam sale. I never got past the intro mission on either because the controls just sucked so badly. I wish I could sell or trade them for a decent game.

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #525 of 9,120
Every Ass Creed game has terribad console port controls. I have the first and second from a steam sale. I never got past the intro mission on either because the controls just sucked so badly. I wish I could sell or trade them for a decent game.
Yeah. Controls for precise movements are terribad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back