PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Sep 15, 2012 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9,120

bowei006

Panda Man
Reviewer at Headphone.Guru
I thought I may as well start one. But I guess here it is. A thread for talk about PC Enthusiasm. Be if you just want to talk about new PC tech news like that new GPU form Nvidia or how Samsung is making smaller chips and whatever! Need help building a PC? We can help! Want help on Overclocking? Sure! PC parts and what are good buys? That would do as well.

Discussion about tech news or battles against Apple are not allowed. Discussion on if a Mac is right for you however is.

http://gabegaming.com/
^click 

Sep 15, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #2 of 9,120
smile.gif

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #4 of 9,120
Overclocking season coming up with winter around the corner. Open all windows, relocate the radiator to the windowsill. Oh yes.

As for things I'm looking forward too, they all got released. Dawnguard(just bought, great so far) and Black Mesa Source(also great). I'm not really planning a PC upgrade anytime soon but if Haswell is a significant upgrade in speed and overclockability from my sandy bridge(i5 2500K) I could be persuaded. I really do mean significant, my i5 goes to 5GHz without a problem(and is currently set to turbo at that speed).

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #5 of 9,120
Quote:
Overclocking season coming up with winter around the corner. Open all windows, relocate the radiator to the windowsill. Oh yes.

As for things I'm looking forward too, they all got released. Dawnguard(just bought, great so far) and Black Mesa Source(also great). I'm not really planning a PC upgrade anytime soon but if Haswell is a significant upgrade in speed and overclockability from my sandy bridge(i5 2500K) I could be persuaded. I really do mean significant, my i5 goes to 5GHz without a problem(and is currently set to turbo at that speed).

I had a AMD A8 3870K with cooler master cooler come in during the winter, it idled at 2C with A/C on. That was only a $20 cooler too. The Hyper 212 Evo.

I am not a fan of Valve or HAlf life series so I couldn't get into black mesa. I was playing it yesterday and couldn't get past ten minutes. I know, it's amazing for something fully built up and free, but the audio hurt my ears as it was weird and the movements were just...not me.

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #6 of 9,120
Quote:
I had a AMD A8 3870K with cooler master cooler come in during the winter, it idled at 2C with A/C on. That was only a $20 cooler too. The Hyper 212 Evo.

I am not a fan of Valve or HAlf life series so I couldn't get into black mesa. I was playing it yesterday and couldn't get past ten minutes. I know, it's amazing for something fully built up and free, but the audio hurt my ears as it was weird and the movements were just...not me.

AC in winter? Where do you live? In the UK we don't even need AC in the best parts of summer!

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #7 of 9,120
Quote:
AC in winter? Where do you live? In the UK we don't even need AC in the best parts of summer!

I just happened to have it installed and it was a cool day. I don't know haah.

I am looking forward to Dishonored and many other games, sadly many are for Xbox only or something.

Oct 9, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #8 of 9,120
Don't really have any time to play any games anymore but I did build my PC earlier in summer before school started;

Specs are:
NZXT Phantom Full Tower Case | White
ASRock 970 EXTREME3 mobo
4x Team Xtreem Dark Series 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600
ABS Majesty series MJ1100-M Continuous 1100W, 80 PLUS GOLD certified, single 12V rail, modular
AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz 6-core processor
GIGABYTE Geforce GTX 670 Windforce
Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO+ aftermarket CPU cooler
WD Black 1 TB Drive | ASUS DVD Burner | Rosewill Wireless-N Adapter
Old Envision 19" monitor I had from home
Razer Tron 5600 dpi mouse
Logitech G110 gaming keyboard

Haven't overclocked anything yet as I haven't really needed to and I haven't played and games in like ~1 month now so probably won't anytime soon.

Oct 9, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #9 of 9,120
Subscribed, used to be (well still interested just not as active) overclocker, tweaker etc. Yes I've been through all that crazy stuff as popping off the IHS to gain some 100MHz overclock and lower temps etc, tweaked all the RAM timings for the best possible SuperPi times etc in the past hehe. I will still always keep all my new comps overclocked from start but what's changed is that I no longer upgrade 1-2 times a year since I got more into headphones instead. ^^ 

I also hate consoles and the consolitis it brings to us PC gamers as of today, the last console I've owned is a Sega Mega Drive (also got a Nintendo) that my parents bought when I was a small kid for me and my big bro. lol

I don't play that much today though since I'm so busy betatesting a Skyrim mod I'm part of and well running a hardstyle promote youtube channel as well as mastering tracks for upcoming producers etc. There never seems to be any leftover time to just fire up some games and kill off some sparetime anymore. However not that long ago I was still a VERY active Unreal Tournament 3 player (always been a big fan of this series and well fast paced scifi shooters in general) and I was playing in 2 europe's finest clans for warfare (helped both teams to the top of the ladder on Clanbase) and probably played it a good 4000hrs+.

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #11 of 9,120
I do kind of wish I went with intel now to be honest. Its not really that big of a deal the FX-6100 just isn't all that efficient. I did research after and just pulled the trigger based on 5 star review averages, but it seems its not all that better than the phenom anyways. Ah well. I can always swap it out later anyways. I think my wifi card is broken or something though; disconnects me like once a day T_T.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #12 of 9,120

Quote:
Subscribed, used to be (well still interested just not as active) overclocker, tweaker etc. Yes I've been through all that crazy stuff as popping off the IHS to gain some 100MHz overclock and lower temps etc, tweaked all the RAM timings for the best possible SuperPi times etc in the past hehe. I will still always keep all my new comps overclocked from start but what's changed is that I no longer upgrade 1-2 times a year since I got more into headphones instead. ^^ 

I also hate consoles and the consolitis it brings to us PC gamers as of today, the last console I've owned is a Sega Mega Drive (also got a Nintendo) that my parents bought when I was a small kid for me and my big bro. lol

I don't play that much today though since I'm so busy betatesting a Skyrim mod I'm part of and well running a hardstyle promote youtube channel as well as mastering tracks for upcoming producers etc. There never seems to be any leftover time to just fire up some games and kill off some sparetime anymore. However not that long ago I was still a VERY active Unreal Tournament 3 player (always been a big fan of this series and well fast paced scifi shooters in general) and I was playing in 2 europe's finest clans for warfare (helped both teams to the top of the ladder on Clanbase) and probably played it a good 4000hrs+.

I also used to hate consolitis. But the plus side of it is that there is hardly any point in feeding your upgraditis when you can always max out your games with really old hardware. And well honestly I enjoy my gaming just about as much even though you never get this whoooo factor. That era kind of died with Crysis :)

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #13 of 9,120
Wow sad, school wifi deleted/messed up my response le sigh.

Anyways I just said I like consoles as well but more for relaxed gaming/gaming with friends. And also a ps3 as a dedicated bluray player.

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #14 of 9,120
I don´t like consoles much at all they don´t give me anything more then something to easy put in my living room. Before I only had one room then it gave me no pros at all honestly. PS 3 is to loud to use as a bluray player for me but I like good games and there has been enough of those on the consoles for me to own them all :).

If I had any gaming friends I could certainly see the benefit of the living room aspect of it. Using a racing cockpit as my gaming station which is not all that pal friendly.

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #15 of 9,120
Quote:

I have the EVO too! I liked it in the summer.. now it keeps my rig too cold and I can't heat up my room by leaving my computer on anymore :frowning2:. Bleh.

Also; valve; dota2; win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back