PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jan 21, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #526 of 9,120
Quote:
Every Ass Creed game has terribad console port controls. I have the first and second from a steam sale. I never got past the intro mission on either because the controls just sucked so badly. I wish I could sell or trade them for a decent game.

I wish we could go back to the days where controls were ridiculously great, back in the days of retro gaming.

Okay, well, a lot of games don't have this problem.

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #529 of 9,120
Quote:
That would be nice but if that was the ONLY option for game controls. Even the hipsters would end up raging.

I do like some games with simple controls with bland graphics. They are just simplistically fun.

Simply put, retro styled games in most cases. I love retro styled games. I've always like old-school.

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #530 of 9,120
Quote:
Every Ass Creed game has terribad console port controls. I have the first and second from a steam sale. I never got past the intro mission on either because the controls just sucked so badly. I wish I could sell or trade them for a decent game.

I didn't think the Assassin's Creed games prior to AC3 had bad controls at all. I think AC2 had some issues with being too sticky, but Brotherhood and Revelations fixed that.

Then again, I played with a controller. If you played it with M+KB, you were playing it wrong.

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #531 of 9,120
I refuse to buy a controller for anything that isn't a flight sim. Everyone else can make a decent kb/m port from a controller, but the team behind Creed couldn't? Should've given the money to THQ instead. RIP.

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #532 of 9,120
Quote:
I refuse to buy a controller for anything that isn't a flight sim. Everyone else can make a decent kb/m port from a controller, but the team behind Creed couldn't? Should've given the money to THQ instead. RIP.

In fairness, any platforming game that isn't in first person, or has a locked camera, sucks on M+KB. You just need analog for precise controls with maneuvering, keyboard just doesn't cut it.

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #533 of 9,120
Quote:

In fairness, any platforming game that isn't in first person, or has a locked camera, sucks on M+KB. You just need analog for precise controls with maneuvering, keyboard just doesn't cut it.

I agree with this, going from assassins creed 2 to brother hood , two being on ps3 brother hood being PC, M+KB was like driving an elephant around in a shopping cart.

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #534 of 9,120
Same applies to racing/flight sim games.

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #535 of 9,120
Quote:
Same applies to racing/flight sim games.

Speaking of flight sims, I want a remake of X-Wing Alliance. One of my all time favorite(non RPG) games, alongside Homeworld 1+2 and the Hitman series. Maybe Disney will allow Lucasarts to finally release some successors to the X-wing spaceflight sims. I'd love a Homeworld 3 as well. Homeworld 2 still looks incredibly pretty with the right texture mods today.

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #536 of 9,120
More Dead Island shots.

I'm going to upload this one in high res because the character detail is pretty impressive.

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #537 of 9,120
WHY DOES THIS RUN SO WELL? I'm running it with 8xAA...

I could have sworn the last time I tried it I was getting only about 30FPS, with only FXAA on. I guess I was just in a really thick area... And AA doesn't affect performance any. But I still shouldn't be able to run it at this high of resolution, since my CPU sucks.

I guess I must have enough overhead on my GPU to run it. I've seen that the 1GB version of my card can barely run this at even 1080p (well, not barely, but it score about 50FPS with just FXAA), so I'm thinking that extra memory must be put to good use...

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #538 of 9,120
If anyone ever decides to pick up Dead Island, get the GOTY version. The original, for all platforms, suffered a bug that would corrupt your save if you used the item storage.  Happened to me twice in Act III (360 and PC), lost many many hours. Finally beat it with the GOTY.

As for the game itself, it's alright. Characters and story are pathetic, gameplay is fun if you don't mind a bit of cheap.

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #539 of 9,120
Quote:

Some games prefer controls:
Dark Souls for example
Quote:
WHY DOES THIS RUN SO WELL? I'm running it with 8xAA...

I could have sworn the last time I tried it I was getting only about 30FPS, with only FXAA on. I guess I was just in a really thick area... And AA doesn't affect performance any. But I still shouldn't be able to run it at this high of resolution, since my CPU sucks.

I guess I must have enough overhead on my GPU to run it. I've seen that the 1GB version of my card can barely run this at even 1080p (well, not barely, but it score about 50FPS with just FXAA), so I'm thinking that extra memory must be put to good use...

-_- why is it running so well? Jeez

Users who are viewing this thread

Back