PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jan 21, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #497 of 9,120
Errgh, I can hear my water loop pump failing, I have a spare(brand new, never used) so I'm going to have to drain the loop, remove the pump and fit the spare. Debating the benefits of upgrading to a watercooled 7950 while I'm fiddling inside the case.

Upgraded to windows 8 today.

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #498 of 9,120
Quote:
Errgh, I can hear my water loop pump failing, I have a spare(brand new, never used) so I'm going to have to drain the loop, remove the pump and fit the spare. Debating the benefits of upgrading to a watercooled 7950 while I'm fiddling inside the case.

Upgraded to windows 8 today.

Oh that sucks. 

Not sure if I want to manage a water cooled PC in University

How you liking it?

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #499 of 9,120
Quote:
Oh that sucks. 

Not sure if I want to manage a water cooled PC in University

The dying pump was a cheap EK one. The replacement is a Laing DDC which is much better. It's been long enough that I need to drain and clean the loop anyway. I might go with white tubing. What do you think? UV white tubing, blue and UV lighting. I should take the opportunity to sleeve my front panel wires.

Quote:
How you liking it?

It's ok. I like the new features and file management stuff. Don't like how messy the metro start menu is. Metro looks nice and tidy on my laptop which only has musicbee and office installed, but looks really messy on my main rig. It'd be nice if I could change the live tile colours and how much screen space metro takes up.

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #500 of 9,120
Should I switch my 3570k to a 2500k to get higher OCs? I have them both here, and don't mind swapping them out.

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #501 of 9,120
Quote:
The dying pump was a cheap EK one. The replacement is a Laing DDC which is much better. It's been long enough that I need to drain and clean the loop anyway. I might go with white tubing. What do you think? UV white tubing, blue and UV lighting. I should take the opportunity to sleeve my front panel wires.

It's ok. I like the new features and file management stuff. Don't like how messy the metro start menu is. Metro looks nice and tidy on my laptop which only has musicbee and office installed, but looks really messy on my main rig. It'd be nice if I could change the live tile colours and how much screen space metro takes up.

White. White is smexy, unless you don't like the look
Quote:
Should I switch my 3570k to a 2500k to get higher OCs? I have them both here, and don't mind swapping them out.

Performance is very similar. 2500K won in some tests but 3570K won in many more. 

The 3570K with a decent OC should stil be able to beat 2500k with high OC though

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #502 of 9,120
You could try de-lidding the 3570k. I don't have the technical prowess or swollen testicles to attempt such a task, but others have.

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #504 of 9,120
I almost delidded mine, but then realized if I screwed this one up, I'd be out $230, and I already have a 2500k here. The reason to switch is the temp on a 3570k @ 3.6GHz while being watercooled is 72 C full load! :frowning2:

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #505 of 9,120
What do I use to OC my GPU, Nvidia Inspecter or Msi Afterburner?

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #507 of 9,120
Jan 21, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #508 of 9,120
Most propgrams work for others.

Nvidia's animated 3D wallpapers work on any GPU for example

I like how one day of posts in the anime thread is equal to the months of posts in this one. 
tongue.gif

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #509 of 9,120
Most propgrams work for others.

Nvidia's animated 3D wallpapers work on any GPU for example

I like how one day of posts in the anime thread is equal to the months of posts in this one. 
tongue.gif
So true! Now what should I use to Stress it, and what is the max temp and voltage I should run it at?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back