PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Mar 6, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #7,849 of 9,120
  I had a feeling it was

Do you like it?

do i need to play the first one to play the second? I know you get asked this a lot...sorry. And I can probably google it but what better than first hand hearing from you.

All the games can be played standalone, they pretty much feed the lore too you in each game if you want to understand the universe.

All three games are pretty unique in terms of gameplay, DA:O (first one) being similar to an updated version of the old Bioware Baldur's Gate style games, DA2 being similar, but more of an arcade feel and DA:I being like Bioware's answer to Skyrim and Witcher.

I liked all three tbh, though DA2 is the weakest (which hardly matters when it can be found for ~$2 in sales).

Mar 8, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #7,851 of 9,120
I saw that earlier today.  I'm glad I haven't used that client for several years. It's sad how bittorrent and all the clones of it now come with obnoxious "Meet hot (insert ethnicity here) in your area" ads that need to be disabled in the well hidden settings.

I tried BitTorrent. Those ads...

So I switched to Transmission/Deluge on my RPi. So much better.

Mar 8, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #7,852 of 9,120
I am seriously considering getting 2x R9 290 / 290x crossfire to play Skyrim again (have been thinking about it for the last few months, which is why I am very keen on the new ATi GPUs). Not quite sure if my PSU can handle 2x 290 / 290x + overclocking them + overclocking my CPU, but if the new single GPU ATi flagship can overpower my 670 SLi and have more than 400GB/s memory bandwidth, then I would be happily get one of them to play Skyrim again..

Speaking of graphics cards...

Titan X.

Just wait until they get to Titan XYZ.

Mar 8, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #7,853 of 9,120
Mar 8, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #7,854 of 9,120
I know the WEI score is a bit moot point, but I'd love to know what kind of rig you'd need to obtain a 9.9 on Win 8.1 (using Chris' WEI programme) - my lowest score (8.2) is for my SSD (Sandisk Extreme Pro) - I would love to see the speed you could get out of a '9.9' PC...

Mar 8, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #7,856 of 9,120
+1 for tixati, switched over after the uTorrent fiasco and it does everything I ask it to.

i switched to tixati because of more than one reason
-magnet link actually work how they should!
-less suspicious traffic
-easier to control, nicer UI, better response time
-much less RAM consumed. If i download heavy, i get 500 mb RAM , if idle but stand by seed i get 50 mb. 
-does not slow down computer
-0 ads, and 0 malware
-does not offer any downloads, 
-pro program, with more features, pro ones at that.
-does work well with firewalls, Ex:comodo.
-It makes much less writes to hard, it writes pieces in RAM then to hdd. faster, and more hdd friendly.
- settings for throttle actually work! [i needed those as my router would restart sometimes if my download rate was too high.]

EDIT: i got to it after trying every program out there to improove download rate, it was throttled by p2p programs for some reason. i would normally get around 5-10mb/s but most other p2p got me under 1 mb/s

it works like a charm!

Mar 8, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #7,857 of 9,120
Just found out that Deluge and Vuze were banned on What.cd and Waffles.fm while comparing torrent clients.

qBittorrent has all the core features of uTorrent (and the newer builds of Bittorrent which is just uTorrent but purple).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_BitTorrent_clients#Features_I

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #7,859 of 9,120
I had a feeling it was

Do you like it?

do i need to play the first one to play the second? I know you get asked this a lot...sorry. And I can probably google it but what better than first hand hearing from you.

Late answer, but you can use the "Keep" feature prior to starting a new game. That allows you you learn the overall storyline fairly fast and make the decisions as though you played the previous games. You can then import that "world" with your decisions into your playthrough if you so desire. It's a pretty awesome feature.

So don't let not let that hold you back.
Avoid the multiplayer. It's a black hole of RNG grinding. I say this as an addict to the grind.

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #7,860 of 9,120
Late answer, but you can use the "Keep" feature prior to starting a new game. That allows you you learn the overall storyline fairly fast and make the decisions as though you played the previous games. You can then import that "world" with your decisions into your playthrough if you so desire. It's a pretty awesome feature.

So don't let not let that hold you back.
Avoid the multiplayer. It's a black hole of RNG grinding. I say this as an addict to the grind.

Thanks for all the help guys

I saw a few review videos and looked at the price and decided it still wasn't something I wanted to get in. Especially not at the current level. The 'allies' syystem with your group and the commander view makes it seem like the type of RPG I wouldn't care for.

I like Skyrim and Witcher RPGs a hell of a lot more. Very excited for the Witcher 3. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back