PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Mar 9, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #7,861 of 9,120
Thanks for all the help guys

I saw a few review videos and looked at the price and decided it still wasn't something I wanted to get in. Especially not at the current level. The 'allies' syystem with your group and the commander view makes it seem like the type of RPG I wouldn't care for.

I like Skyrim and Witcher RPGs a hell of a lot more. Very excited for the Witcher 3. 

I'm more of an Origins fan with this series.

I have similar preferences for RPGs. Love Witcher games. I'm against pre-ordering in the gaming industry, but this is one of the few that I don't mind backing and did.
I'm glad they pushed back the release to get things nailed down.

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #7,862 of 9,120
I'm more of an Origins fan with this series.

I have similar preferences for RPGs. Love Witcher games. I'm against pre-ordering in the gaming industry, but this is one of the few that I don't mind backing and did.
I'm glad they pushed back the release to get things nailed down.

I believed I fellt the same way and many do. I was about to do the same. But in the end, I felt that if I was to hold myself to a standard of saying no to the pre-ordering. Then I must do it for the Witcher series as well.

It is perfectly fine to have weakpoints in ones standard and I don't judge people for when they do. It's just that I personally have issues over such things. And thus, I couldn't pull a double standard here. 

At one point, a pre-order price was availble for around $38 if I recall. Almost did it...dayum. But if I can get it for that price, I'll be sure to grab it pending good reviews. 

I still can't warrant a full $60 for a game and that's why I'm willing to wait for a sale to bring it down to around $40 if possible.

I own all of the Witchers (one in physical special edition media even) and perhaps that will give me a price reduction

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #7,863 of 9,120
I believed I fellt the same way and many do. I was about to do the same. But in the end, I felt that if I was to hold myself to a standard of saying no to the pre-ordering. Then I must do it for the Witcher series as well.

It is perfectly fine to have weakpoints in ones standard and I don't judge people for when they do. It's just that I personally have issues over such things. And thus, I couldn't pull a double standard here. 

At one point, a pre-order price was availble for around $38 if I recall. Almost did it...dayum. But if I can get it for that price, I'll be sure to grab it pending good reviews. 

I still can't warrant a full $60 for a game and that's why I'm willing to wait for a sale to bring it down to around $40 if possible.

I own all of the Witchers (one in physical special edition media even) and perhaps that will give me a price reduction

I understand where you are coming from. My choice is based less around the games themselves and more around the companies developing and publishing them. If I find that those companies all have the gamers experience as their first priority, then I'm happy to invest.
Sadly, there are few that I meet that requirement.

Mar 9, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #7,865 of 9,120
Guys, I've been reliving the past playing all my PS2 discs with PCSX2, the old spongebob games and quite a few others are so much fun, I miss these games, plus playing them at 1920x1200 is tons of fun. :)

Mar 11, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #7,866 of 9,120
Been playing Fear 2 Project Origins lately

I really don't like the gunplay. Very weak

I know I know. Some of you here may have fond memories of good gunplay. But seriously, go back and play it. You'll find it to be very saddening how un-effectual it really is. 

Horrible AI....seriously

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #7,867 of 9,120
Hmm, I should post more computer-related stuff in this thread.

Heh, Asus is at it again, but this time comparing their machine's thinnest point with the new MacBook's thickest point.

What the new MacBook is lacking is at least one more Type-C port and bundling that adapter (or a couple) for free. It's already expensive enough as it is.

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #7,868 of 9,120
I'm pretty sure 12.3mm is the thickest point of the Zenbook.

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #7,869 of 9,120
I'm pretty sure 12.3mm is the thickest point of the Zenbook.

Don't trust Asus' marketing. Their products nearly always fall short of what they advertise. Taken from their website:

The new MacBook is 3.5 mm at its thinnest. Your move, Asus.

Edit: linked it because the picture seems hard to read.

Mar 12, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #7,870 of 9,120

Made my own league login screen. One hour well spent.

Who do you main? 
Guys, I've been reliving the past playing all my PS2 discs with PCSX2, the old spongebob games and quite a few others are so much fun, I miss these games, plus playing them at 1920x1200 is tons of fun.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ratchet & Clank? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back