PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Aug 1, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #6,260 of 9,120

Mass Luminosity just posted this

I am embarassed by how spot on it is. Especially considering that the 'first pc' case was actually my first pc case. 

And that the second case is similar in stile to the first one. 
my first was a steel and mesh one that was weird and gimmicky, annex air or some ****, and my second one was their second case.

Aug 1, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #6,262 of 9,120

I am embarassed by how spot on it is. Especially considering that the 'first pc' case was actually my first pc case. 

Well...um...yeah.

My first was Apevia model with LED fans and a door on the front. My current one is a Corsair Obsidian 650D. I can still understand having something with personality, but after figuring out what I didn't like about that first one, I was completely sold on the Obsidian series and haven't regret anything.

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #6,263 of 9,120

I remember when you had that case.

For me:
1st

2nd

and probably an M-ATX when I next change case. These full towers are just too effing big, a well designed m-atx that can accommodate a water loop will do fine.

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #6,266 of 9,120
  Yeah that's very true, my first case: Raidmax Aeolus

Second case: Corsair 300r

I have a 300r as well 
tongue.gif

Aug 1, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #6,269 of 9,120
Everyone likes Corsairs I see 
biggrin.gif

I like pretty much close to everything that Corsair makes

Except their CX class (el Cheapo to the max class) power supplies. Good enough for cheap client builds or CBF builds but otherwise. There are readilly rebates on better Seasonic platform but alt.brand power supplies. 

Aug 2, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #6,270 of 9,120
Huh... Interesting to see a thread for PC Enthusiasts. 

Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.4gHz (easily OC to 4.4gHz, stable)
CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master Seidon 240M
RAM: g.Skill Ripjaw Series DDR3-1600 4GBx4
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
GPU:  Asus OCII GTX 760
SSDs:  2x240GB
HDDs: Too many to count.
Disk Drive:  Blu-Ray/DVD combo drive with burning capabilities
Sound Card:  Turtle Beach Montego DDL
PSU:  EVGA SuperNova 1000W G2

Peripherals are unimportant right now.  Haha.

All packed into a Fractal Design XL R2 case with a few extra ultra-silent fans packed in.

On the topic of the cases.  My first was an NZXT Tempest EVO, second was an Antec 900, third being the XL R2.  As I went along I started to realize how obnoxious the lights were, though I did do some colour coordination as it evolved.  I went with Blue/White in the second case with my mobo for that case actually having a red LED on it that I didn't know about until I turned it on...  I liked it enough to stick with it. 

Now I'm on a solid black case and actually went with a new PSU altogether so that it didn't have an LED on top of giving me the ability to handle dual GPUs stable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back