Panasonic CZs (HJE900) Appreciation Thread and Pending Review
Apr 2, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #61 of 920
Where can i buy the japanese replacement cable the stock ones are to short and i cannot find the panasonic japanese replacement cables to save my life.

Apr 2, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #63 of 920
I wonder if there's any quality difference between the SA1 cables and the SA6 ones. If you want to wear the CZs cord down, it seems the SA6 cable might be a bit awkward.

I also read someone in another website stating that the HJE cables are probably just standard DC cables that you could prolly just get from radioshack and reterminate, which I thought was interesting.

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #65 of 920
Actually, i wouldn't say the IE8 is bassier. I had my IE8's in for a bit earlier this evening,and had to take 'em out and go back to my HJE900's. The IE8 is more midbass centric. The 900's hands down have tighter, punchier bass and better control, not letting it get in the way. To my ears, anyway, others may have different findings. I'd also say the treble on the 900's is tons better than IE8,a brighter overall sound signature offering more detail;the soundstage i would call a tie, the 900's really have an underrated amount of soundstage once you compare with other IEM's in the same league. You'll get your share of grins per minute.
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #66 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by h20buzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, i wouldn't say the IE8 is bassier. I had my IE8's in for a bit earlier this evening,and had to take 'em out and go back to my HJE900's. The IE8 is more midbass centric. The 900's hands down have tighter, punchier bass and better control, not letting it get in the way. To my ears, anyway, others may have different findings. I'd also say the treble on the 900's is tons better than IE8,a brighter overall sound signature offering more detail;the soundstage i would call a tie, the 900's really have an underrated amount of soundstage once you compare with other IEM's in the same league. You'll get your share of grins per minute.
biggrin.gif

Pretty amazing when you concider the $250 price difference.

Apr 10, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #67 of 920
I must have small ear canals because i use the smallest tip that came with the phones and it took a few days for me to get used to them/not hurt. The medium and large tip won't even begin to fit in my ear lol.

Apr 10, 2010 at 5:22 AM Post #68 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by TouchOfEvil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must have small ear canals because i use the smallest tip that came with the phones and it took a few days for me to get used to them/not hurt. The medium and large tip won't even begin to fit in my ear lol.

XD seems so! You might wanna try some other some other tips as well. Those stock pannie tips are pretty rough.

Apr 10, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #69 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by Napilopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if there's any quality difference between the SA1 cables and the SA6 ones. If you want to wear the CZs cord down, it seems the SA6 cable might be a bit awkward.

I also read someone in another website stating that the HJE cables are probably just standard DC cables that you could prolly just get from radioshack and reterminate, which I thought was interesting.

I remember reading that the sa6 cable is isn't as good as the HJE cable. Has a smaller soundstage, and something I can't remember this was in the old old hje review thread. And I'm sure that it's possible to just make your own. Might end up sounding better.

Apr 10, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #71 of 920
Some extensino cables are definitely made better than others. I'm not sure which extension cables are better, but using my sisters FC700 extension cable, there was a definite degradation of quality, I suppose made all the more notable by the revealingness of these. Hopefully someone can chime in.

Apr 10, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #72 of 920
This one looks interesting. Instead of having a long extension that you would have to have up by your head causing the cable to go up then down and up again, this one adds just a little length and you will only have the remote up by your head and the regular length cable to your ears. Hopefully it is good quality and doesn't affect the sound. Anyone try them? I searched here and came up with nothing.

Monster® iSoniTalk™ Microphone Headphone Adapter for iPhone™

Apr 13, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #74 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by Napilopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
XD seems so! You might wanna try some other some other tips as well. Those stock pannie tips are pretty rough.

What are some good small tips to try?
smile_phones.gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #75 of 920
The sony Hybrids are definitely the most comfortable silicon tips I've tried. You might also want to check out the radio shack Auvio tips, which have a unique shape and don't quite fully enter the ear(quite good for transparency and soundstage too).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back