Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread
Feb 24, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #392 of 1,026

Quote:
Well actually the shipment itself took about 3 days (weekends made it seem longer, that and the rest of the time was just processing and mostly waiting for the Ortos to come in stock). Anyway Tenso was the forwarding service. They had nothing to do with the actual purchase. I bought the Ortos from Joshin, which has a decent policy concerning item failures.

Dimitri told me Joshin does not offer warranty support outside Japan
And even so,  it is better  for ortos not to fail as you will end up paying more for shipping cost back and forth from US to JP...
BTW. Dimitri offering ortos with 2 Years warranty support..
Too much hassle to save 38 bucks...

Feb 24, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #393 of 1,026
Dimitri actually offers life time support 
smile.gif

Quote:
Dimitri told me Joshin does not offer warranty support outside Japan
And even so,  it is better  for ortos not to fail as you will end up paying more for shipping cost back and forth from US to JP...
BTW. Dimitri offering ortos with 2 Years warranty support..
Too much hassle to save 38 bucks...

Feb 24, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #395 of 1,026

Quote:
Oh sorry. Guess the online translator was misleading 
redface.gif
. Hmm you guys make me feel bad about saving money now, hehe.

Haha treat her well and you will be fine!

Feb 24, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #396 of 1,026
Welll, the EQ5s are solidly build as long as you take care of them you should be fine for a while. Don't let the posts scare you, the build is really good unlike the EQ7s reported issues. 

Feb 24, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #397 of 1,026
Oh hehe, I'm not actually worried or anything. I take pretty good care of my stuff. But it was a good thing to know about what Dmitri offers. I'll probably buy my next IEM from him.

Anyway, we got kind of off-topic. Does anyone have any ideas why I'm hearing sibilance?

Feb 25, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #398 of 1,026
Wondering about the fit of these. I read about the e-q7 that if you could fit a double a battery in your ear it should fit? lol. Theres no way a double a battery could fit in my ear canal. Or was it triple a haha

Feb 25, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #400 of 1,026
Quote:
Thanks for the input Pianist. Actually I forgot to mention I still hear some sibilance at lower volume. I think I may just be sensitive. And @ Daanish, I didn't have a customs fee, U.S. customs is really easy.

Try lowering the volume even more maybe? lol But it shouldn't be that bad. Make sure you are getting a tight seal and have your EQ on flat. Some people are just sensitive to BA drivers though. You may be one of them.

Feb 25, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #401 of 1,026

Quote:
Anyway, we got kind of off-topic. Does anyone have any ideas why I'm hearing sibilance?

If the recording has sibilance, e-Q5 won't hide it totally. Otherwise, I don't find e-Q5 to be sibilant.

Are you wearing them over the ears? If so, try wearing them straight down and vice versa. If that does not work, then it's time to try a different tip (though I've never used anything other than stock).

Feb 25, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #402 of 1,026
Quote:
Wondering about the fit of these. I read about the e-q7 that if you could fit a double a battery in your ear it should fit? lol. Theres no way a double a battery could fit in my ear canal. Or was it triple a haha

Yes, sticking a AAA battery in your ear is a good test. I'm able to put one about 12 mm deep and I have a good fit with the Ortos.

Also I've concluded that I'm just sensitive to that peak the Ortos have in the vocals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back