Oriolus Products General Discussion Thread
May 26, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #76 of 587
Looks like Isa is more interesting than Crassi…
Didn’t you enjoy Crassi?
It is more engaging in my experience. Unfortunately, I couldn't enjoy Crassi that much. Its sound signature was just too flat to my liking (the bass was decent though)

@ranfan did you compare Isabellae with Dmagic?
No, I did not. Sorry. I tried Dmagic a long while ago. And I already forgot most of it

Now, I know FR only tell half the tale. The quality of sound produced varies/differs to many elements. And that source and synergy play significant role too. As well as sensing and interpretation from each set of ears.

That said, I found an interesting correlation between the Isa's FR, and VE8. I thought of posting here for anyone interested. Though they both have completely different configuration, and driver types. And to my ears, similar they may seem on paper, they sound nothing alike. Just an observation. Point is, there are many other factors that may influence the perceived sound in my opinion. Moreover when it comes to something relating to music and sentiments. An impression is just that. More would be needed to reach a consensus. So, I'm looking forward to seeing more of users opinions on Isa's sound in the future

O1CN01HX9osm1cpHtzM5l50_!!3471133649.jpg

https://www.jaben.com.hk/products/oriolus-isabellae

VE8.jpg

https://crinacle.com/graphs/iems/vision-ears-ve8/

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #77 of 587
IMG-20210524-143947.jpg

@xenithon

This was what the staff wrote about IE900:

レスポンスの良い低域から、繊細な広域の描写まで、すべての周波数帯域で
クリスタルのような透明感あふれる
エレガントでニュートラルなサウンドを再現

In all frequency bands, from responsive low frequencies to delicate wide-area depictions
Full of crystal-like transparency
Reproduces an elegant and neutral sound

In my opinion, it does have a high resolution, transparency, and that 'expensive' elegant sound. Some people may like it, especially those who enjoyed the previous IE800 model. Fit may be more comfortable on smaller ears, it's more compact. And the metallic design, as well as weight or feel doesn't seem 'cheap'. Very well-made, good Sennheiser-grade build quality, seemingly durable too. In addition you also get 2 years warranty so.

Sound-wise, the bass delivered had a pretty good DD quality with more focus on sub-bass. Its response was quick, and overall pretty satisfying. The midrange sounded more resolving than previous Sennheiser models. It has good weight and warmth to make it sound natural. However some part in the middle felt slightly veiled or dipped. Treble was great too, very smooth and extended. Not peaky, and without sibilance. So I think some may like it

Sorry if my impressions sounded crude, and my grammar mistake-laden. I just like sharing what I found, and writing my thoughs (as well as improving English and expressing style). If anyone would find them helpful, then hey that's a merry bonus I'm happy with. With that said, YMMV. I don't mean to sway anyone any direction. Always trust your ears.

So onto Isa.. :) Please enjoy
Yesterday, I tried the newly-announced Oriolus Isabellae (again). This time, I tried two demo units from two different stores. Partly to confirm my previous findings, and partly because one store was offering a discount.. I couldn't resist
IMG-20210524-144210.jpg

(I just like looking and taking pictures of that big D. I know. I'm a pervert..)

(And here's from the second store)

Why couldn't you resist? You may ask
Well have you ever had a 9.8-mm DD driver pounding 2 cm (0.78 inch) away from your eardrum? :) It's fun

I've explained earlier here some basic details of the Isa. It's a single DD IEM that has been in development for approx 7 years by Oriolus. It has this unique dynamic driver that's tuned to cover the whole frequency (10Hz to 40kHz), with bass sound unheard of in current market

The Isa is tuned with bass that has more emphasis on mid-bass then sub-bass. It has this beautiful design and ratio that exudes quality and elegance. At the same time having plenty of quantity to put its BA sibling to shame. Its quantity gives this impression of the bass being full, well-defined, and solid. The Isa is one of those DD IEMs which renders its bass with big size and high resolution. It managed to combine them both well in my opinion. The best of both DD, and BA bass quality. Relatively tight, and well-controlled, it plays fast bassy tracks with great ease. Each note is just so clean, transparent, and yet substantial and big. With great reach down low, it gives you this sensation of having listened to a 'complete' bass

I also mentioned that it's rather transparent, despite possessing such voluminous lows. Plus, the tone overall was surprisingly leaning towards being bright. It may lack some warmth in the lower-midrange area. As it's not the most adept or proficient in portraying wooden instruments and organic sound. By the way, did I mentioned there was no driver flex? Also not sensitive to hisses.

Mids weren't drowned or recessed by both treble or bass. It has rather neutral slightly colder tone. Perfect for electronic music in my opinion. Crisp, and clear upper-mids. Good extension in the treble. Soundstage is medium sized. But it never feel congested due to its high transparency. It has high resolution as well, with realistic imaging. Just that the tone lacks some warmth to my taste. So I wouldn't describe it as being very natural. That said, I'm hooked with its sound :)

Excellent impression!

May 26, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #78 of 587
oriolus isabellae 2.png

Apart from the 8kHz spike it seems quite similar to the Turii. Wondering if that spike's a measurement artifact.

May 26, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #79 of 587
oriolus isabellae 2.png

Apart from the 8kHz spike it seems quite similar to the Turii. Wondering if that spike's a measurement artifact.
@cn11 do you remember what I said yesterday?!?🤩

May 26, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #80 of 587
Ha ha ha!! Yep, I most definitely do.... but my bank account needs another IEM like I need a hole in the head! Heh. Price isn't too bad on the Isabellae though, for sure.

May 27, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #81 of 587
Where can i find isabellae?
Hope someone could help me also in PM

May 27, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #82 of 587
Where can i find isabellae?
Hope someone could help me also in PM
I was about to say that it is bit difficult to come across now other than in Asia (and buying from Japan or Hong Kong can be a little troublesome) - and that you should wait until Andrew at Musicteck launches it. Then I went to double check, as I have been doing several times a day recently, and saw that it was just loaded!

May 27, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #85 of 587
I hate this forum so so much. I have no desire for more iems, but here I am with an Isabellae preorder.

Guess the wait is on for me too. Preordered!

... I really need to just stop visiting here. And keep my PayPal account empty...

May 27, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #86 of 587
I hate this forum so so much. I have no desire for more iems, but here I am with an Isabellae preorder.

Guess the wait is on for me too. Preordered!

... I really need to just stop visiting here. And keep my PayPal account empty...
I rationalized this purchase by getting Isabellae instead of Mason FS haha

Having a C9 will allow me to get the most out of this. Also I wanted to give Traillii a sibling, keep each other company :smiley:

May 27, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #87 of 587
I rationalized this purchase by getting Isabellae instead of Mason FS haha

Having a C9 will allow me to get the most out of this. Also I wanted to give Traillii a sibling, keep each other company :smiley:
Hah, I'm good at doing my own rationalization too... I have credit card balance to use, I have money in my PayPal account, I'll be able to sell them if I don't need them, etc etc.

Still really don't need them or even really want them alllll that much. Also interested in the R01 for the n6ii, but I think that has to be the end for a while... It's possible to stop, right? RIGHT??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back