Oriolus Products General Discussion Thread
Apr 17, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #586 of 587
I have recently listened to the Crassirostris for the first time. Since I am a long time Mk2 owner I can tell you that they sound very, very similar. My perception was that there is only a very slight difference in treble response. Interestingly, Crassirostris sounded even slightly rounder/smoother/rolled off (however you perceive that and/or find that a positive or negative thing) in the treble and maybe as a result of that, also its soundstage sounded slightly more intimate to me. Otherwise, again, I find them super similar. Both have the typical emotional thick vocal Oriolus sound :smile_phones:
I recently came to buy a used Crassirostris and could now, finally, compare them side by side to my (still beloved) Mk2. And have to correct what I wrote a while ago, which was just from memory and - so sorry - objectively totally wrong :sweat_smile:🙇‍♂️! Teaches me once more that memories in our hobby always have to be taken with a grain of salt. After listening to these two side by side for hours, volume matched, I can now tell for sure that they have a different signature (even though the same driver count)! One can feel the same DNA, no question, but (other than what I wrote above), Crassi`s treble is way sharper, while bass is tamed in comparison. Crassi aims more for a neutralish signature, very detailed and airy, but also sounding cooler, while Mk2 is warmer in the mids, has stronger bass impact and sounds smoother. In any way, they compliment eachother very well in my collection. Actually I got Crassi as replacement for my recently sold Szalayi. Loved that one, too, in a different way.... it is definitely the bass heaviest and most fun orientated earphone out of the Oriolus line, but I always had problems with its fit (and also looks tbh). It is just huge in comparison to all other Oriolus earphones. Crassi, on the other hand, has almost the same shells (size and shape) as Mk2 and Trailii, which fit my short ear canals perfectly. Of course size is relative. And another (subjective) fun fact: In my humble opinion, Crassi looks so much nicer with a white or silver cable - I found the "candy alike" stock cable just looking awful...forgive me :sweat_smile:

Attachments

• IMG_8914.jpeg
    IMG_8914.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back