Oriolus Products General Discussion Thread
Jun 20, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #226 of 587
Waiting for Crassi feedback/comparisons

Jun 20, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #227 of 587
Has anyone here heard the Finschi? It's less than $200 so seems to be their true entry level model...I'm tempted to take the blind for an easy crack at more Oriolus magic.

Jun 20, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #228 of 587
Jun 20, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #229 of 587
Jun 20, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #230 of 587
Jun 20, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #231 of 587
Jun 20, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #232 of 587
Jun 20, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #234 of 587
Jun 20, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #237 of 587
I've been listening to pretty much only the Isabellae these days. It's a strange iem for me. It's perfectly balanced and has this illusion of being almost perfect... but still "almost". When I go back to the Elysium, it's technically better in pretty much every way, but just a bit. It all adds up but it's just a bit in each individual category..
But the Isabellae is so oddly addictive.. I just feel like listening to it only, even if I can kind of hear occasional moments where something isn't quite as good as my 1/2 year of Elysium has trained me to hear everything.. Coherence though is not something I had truly understood until this iem. I have this sense that I was unconsciously judging other iems listening to parts of the music and thinking.. "the bass is extended and has good speed,... the mids are warm.. the treble...etc etc" but I'm suspecting that this somewhat fractured listening/judging experience might have been due to coherence not being as good as i though. I just don't really seem to notice transition points as much (because of a single driver)... hard to explain but there is a sense of a "whole" being presented rather than a sum of parts... if that makes sense.

These are really so close to end game for me. Not quite as the Elysium has highlighted where things could be improved but it's so close..

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #238 of 587
I've been listening to pretty much only the Isabellae these days. It's a strange iem for me. It's perfectly balanced and has this illusion of being almost perfect... but still "almost". When I go back to the Elysium, it's technically better in pretty much every way, but just a bit. It all adds up but it's just a bit in each individual category..
But the Isabellae is so oddly addictive.. I just feel like listening to it only, even if I can kind of hear occasional moments where something isn't quite as good as my 1/2 year of Elysium has trained me to hear everything.. Coherence though is not something I had truly understood until this iem. I have this sense that I was unconsciously judging other iems listening to parts of the music and thinking.. "the bass is extended and has good speed,... the mids are warm.. the treble...etc etc" but I'm suspecting that this somewhat fractured listening/judging experience might have been due to coherence not being as good as i though. I just don't really seem to notice transition points as much (because of a single driver)... hard to explain but there is a sense of a "whole" being presented rather than a sum of parts... if that makes sense.

These are really so close to end game for me. Not quite as the Elysium has highlighted where things could be improved but it's so close..
Now, all you need is his bigger brother (sister?) Traillii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back