Oriolus Products General Discussion Thread
Jun 11, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #196 of 587
Just got Isabellae for a few days on loan from Musicteck, really wanted to check it out. Very nice design with a beautiful transparent amber shells and aged-finish brass faceplate. As others mentioned, nozzle diameter is on a bigger side, 6.5mm, and the nozzle itself is shorter, but I had no issues with the fit. Very comfortable, though my earcanal is big to begin with.

The sound is neutral balanced with a tilt toward mid-forward presentation, great for vocals, and actually works with any genre as long as you don't crave extra bass. Very good bass (goes down deep) and treble (airy, natural sparkle) extension, but bass is close to neutral, don't expect a lot of impact. Love the mids, natural, clear, detailed, layered. Some DD IEMs go for V-shaped tuning, this one is more balanced. Soundstage is wide, oval shaped with a good sense of depth and height, but not necessary holographic, and imaging is accurate.

oriolus-isabellae-FR01.png

As others pointed out, cable reminds of smokey SPC from Campfire, but it is softer, more supple; Isa comes with 4.4mm terminated cable by default.

Great IEM, just be aware of the fit if you have a narrow earcanal opening. And of course, this is not for bassheads :)

oriolus-isabella-x01.jpg
Not sure if you've tried the Moondrop Blessings 2/Dusk, but if you have, how would you say they compare in size/comfort?

Jun 11, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #197 of 587
Not sure if you've tried the Moondrop Blessings 2/Dusk, but if you have, how would you say they compare in size/comfort?

its been a while since I had the Blessing2, A8/S8 and I remember those filling my ears nicely but I think the comfort on the Isabellae is even better. They are very easy to “seat” and are among the most comfortable iems I’ve had. I wrote them most of the day without discomfort.
That said, I have large ear canals and used large ear tips so your comfort may vary.

Jun 11, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #199 of 587

Sorry, I don't have any experience with Crin's IEMs.

Jun 11, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #200 of 587
@twister6 Thank you for sharing your impressions. Alex, based on their FR how would you compare the tunings of Isabellae and Traillii? Just curious

Too much difference. There are some similarities in mids, especially the peak which is slightly north of 2kHz that gives both of them clarity, but Traillii has bigger and deeper bass impact, fuller body mids, and a little less sparkle in treble. IMHO, Isa has a very interesting tuning you wouldn't expect from single DD (based on DD iems I heard), and perhaps that was the idea behind "old man's" tuning so it will not be just another DD iem.

Jun 11, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #201 of 587
Too much difference. There are some similarities in mids, especially the peak which is slightly north of 2kHz that gives both of them clarity, but Traillii has bigger and deeper bass impact, fuller body mids, and a little less sparkle in treble. IMHO, Isa has a very interesting tuning you wouldn't expect from single DD (based on DD iems I heard), and perhaps that was the idea behind "old man's" tuning so it will not be just another DD iem.
Old man's tuning?? Please clarify!

Jun 12, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #202 of 587
Jun 12, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #203 of 587
That someone is @jadenh

Thank you for that wonderful info as it meant a lot to me as I’m sure alot of others on here. Oriolus truly is something special. At least in my ears! ✌🏼

Jun 12, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #204 of 587
Fascinating read and exploring the history of the Oriolus. Does Andrew ever ship samples to Australia to audition ?

Keen on trying the Isabellae. Don’t have a DD IEM. Trying the Cayin fantasy on tour but would love to compare to Duna, Oriolus and CFA offerinfs

Jun 12, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #206 of 587
That’s a great story about “the Old Man.”
Luna with wm1a is my favorite iem/dap combo.
Can anyone compare Isa to Luna?
Thanks

Isa and Luna bass quality is similar, while Luna scales up a little bit higher in quantity, but not by too much; both have a deep sub-bass extension, nice textured rumble. The biggest difference here is in upper mids and lower treble where Luna is more organic, more laidback, smoother, while Isa mids/vocals are more forward, more revealing, and its treble has more zing, more sparkle and air. Also as a side note, to my ears Luna's sound is very eartips depended and my impressions are based on using SpinFits.

Jun 12, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #207 of 587
Isa and Luna bass quality is similar, while Luna scales up a little bit higher in quantity, but not by too much; both have a deep sub-bass extension, nice textured rumble. The biggest difference here is in upper mids and lower treble where Luna is more organic, more laidback, smoother, while Isa mids/vocals are more forward, more revealing, and its treble has more zing, more sparkle and air. Also as a side note, to my ears Luna's sound is very eartips depended and my impressions are based on using SpinFits.
You touched on the element which to me elevates Luna highest, organismic tonality. Thanks. KZ Starline tips work great too

Jun 13, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #208 of 587
Just got Isabellae for a few days on loan from Musicteck, really wanted to check it out. Very nice design with a beautiful transparent amber shells and aged-finish brass faceplate. As others mentioned, nozzle diameter is on a bigger side, 6.5mm, and the nozzle itself is shorter, but I had no issues with the fit. Very comfortable, though my earcanal is big to begin with.

The sound is neutral balanced with a tilt toward mid-forward presentation, great for vocals, and actually works with any genre as long as you don't crave extra bass. Very good bass (goes down deep) and treble (airy, natural sparkle) extension, but bass is close to neutral, don't expect a lot of impact. Love the mids, natural, clear, detailed, layered. Some DD IEMs go for V-shaped tuning, this one is more balanced. Soundstage is wide, oval shaped with a good sense of depth and height, but not necessary holographic, and imaging is accurate.

oriolus-isabellae-FR01.png

As others pointed out, cable reminds of smokey SPC from Campfire, but it is softer, more supple; Isa comes with 4.4mm terminated cable by default.

Great IEM, just be aware of the fit if you have a narrow earcanal opening. And of course, this is not for bassheads :)

oriolus-isabella-x01.jpg
Sounds very promising. Thank you for the update. Would you say the fit and ear-tips are similar to the other bird? It appears similar looking at the photos. Nice match to the granite/marble top also.

Jun 13, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #209 of 587
Sounds very promising. Thank you for the update. Would you say the fit and ear-tips are similar to the other bird? It appears similar looking at the photos. Nice match to the granite/marble top also.

Just posted this in Traillii thread, and will mirror here. As they say, a picture/s is worth a thousand words :wink: Both have a comfortable fit, but for my ears Traillii fits just a touch better.

oriolus-isa_vs_traillii-01.jpgoriolus-isa_vs_traillii-02.jpgoriolus-isa_vs_traillii-03.jpgoriolus-isa_vs_traillii-04.jpgoriolus-isa_vs_traillii-05.jpgoriolus-isa_vs_traillii-06.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back