Oriolus Products General Discussion Thread
Jun 14, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #211 of 587
Jun 14, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #212 of 587
Have you seen the Traillii unboxing? It’s breathtaking.
Given my package was opened by DHL … I’m actually very grateful for the quality of the packaging. It probably ensured that the bird didn’t fly out of the box!

Jun 14, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #214 of 587
I’ll have mine in a few hours…so excited!
Would be interested in how it compares to your Dorado. Whilst I don’t really need another IEM, I am craving either a custom or a DD …

and the isabellae is on my shortlist. Just they postage to Australia is so obscenely expensive!

Jun 14, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #215 of 587
Would be interested in how it compares to your Dorado. Whilst I don’t really need another IEM, I am craving either a custom or a DD …

and the isabellae is on my shortlist. Just they postage to Australia is so obscenely expensive!

Dorado & Isabellae are nothing alike. Isabellae is about balance, tonal & tuneful sweetness, and vocal intimacy-- Dorado is about big bass, high contrast and bombastic sound. This brief comparison I did when I last had the Isa is my best attempt to capture their differences:

"I took the Dorado 2020 on the road with me for a few hours this afternoon and listened to it for the first time after close to a week straight with Isabellae. Gone was the tonal perfection, tuneful sweetness and intimate reverie that I have come to love about the Isa-- but to make up for it the Dorado ushered me into a world more primitive and wild but addictively engaging, muscular, bombastic, soulful and fun...and ultimately no less satisfying."

They're both top tier IEMs imho but they go for a totally different sort of sound.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #216 of 587
I got mail!

IMG_4897.JPG
IMG_4898.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4899.jpg
    IMG_4899.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Jun 14, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #217 of 587
Nice. Where do you order from for HK delivery? It’s a lot closer to Australia than the US

Jun 14, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #219 of 587
Nice. Where do you order from for HK delivery? It’s a lot closer to Australia than the US

Message the good folks at Penon Audio perhaps.

Jun 15, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #220 of 587
Did anyone have a chance to compare Isa with Penon Volt? Both are praised for vocals, how do they differ and which one would complement 3DT better?

Any impressions on Isa pairing with L&P W2 are also very interesting :)

Jun 16, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #223 of 587
Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #224 of 587
For those interested, my Isabellae's review is up (see link above) :) Hope it could be helpful. Cheers
Excellent review. And comparisons to the much more expensive Elysium. Seems to hold its own.

Not necessarily a fair comparison. Was reading the review whilst listening to another single driver - the full sized Utopia and wondering if I’d enjoy the Isa more.

Jun 17, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #225 of 587
Excellent review. And comparisons to the much more expensive Elysium. Seems to hold its own.

Not necessarily a fair comparison. Was reading the review whilst listening to another single driver - the full sized Utopia and wondering if I’d enjoy the Isa more.
Thanks. It certainly seems so. They both have each their own signature. And the means of which with to realize them. For more pinpoint precision, and higher resolution the Elysium I think sounded better. The music lover side of me though much favor the Isa for its warmer well-tempered sound :) YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

• wj18
Back