Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Sep 22, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #392 of 1,871
Oriolus is compared favorably to the Martian here http://www.headfonia.com/unique-melody-martian-curiosity/, and in the same review the Martian is compared to the Maverick.

Go to page 2 for comparisons.

Not a direct comparison, but you get a gist of how the writer feels (eg Martian has better bang for buck vs Maverick with similar qualities, and he still prefers Oriolus).

Sep 22, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #393 of 1,871
Oriolus is compared favorably to the Martian here http://www.headfonia.com/unique-melody-martian-curiosity/, and in the same review the Martian is compared to the Maverick.

Not a direct comparison, but you get a gist of how the writer feels (eg Martian has better bang for buck vs Maverick with similar qualities, and he still prefers Oriolus).

Martian is better in term of sound quality
If compare to Oriolus V2

Sep 22, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #394 of 1,871

I've read an article where the Oriolus was preferred over a couple other TOTL hybrids, one was FitEar ToGo! 334. I was a bit too quick selling to you...

Sep 22, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #395 of 1,871
  I've read an article where the Oriolus was preferred over a couple other TOTL hybrids, one was FitEar ToGo! 334. I was a bit too quick selling to you...

Zeus should be able to tide you over 
biggrin.gif

But Oriolus is really, really good. Stands toe-to-toe with the Galaxy I just received. Loses out a bit in sparkle and detail, but more than makes up for it in mids, air and spaciousness.

Sep 23, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #396 of 1,871
which size of comply foam goes with the orioulus, and which sinfit ? I can't find the info on the net

Sep 23, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #398 of 1,871
There is no way Martian could be better than Oriolus v2. No competition. I have heard both for hours (own Oriolus v2 already) at the same time and still prefer Oriolus to any iem out there.

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. KimD seems to prefer some obscure aliexpress IEMs over everything else, so I'm not surprised that he'd find the Martian superior to the Oriolus
wink.gif
  Maybe somewhere along the line I'd do the same when I get to audition the Martian, but for now the Oriolus seem to fit the bill (at least until I get to hear the Andromeda)

Sep 23, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #399 of 1,871
Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. KimD seems to prefer some obscure aliexpress IEMs over everything else, so I'm not surprised that he'd find the Martian superior to the Oriolus :wink:   Maybe somewhere along the line I'd do the same when I get to audition the Martian, but for now the Oriolus seem to fit the bill (at least until I get to hear the Andromeda)

Anyway Oriolus v2 the worst part was treble roll off.
Incoming iBasso IT03 world be better than these

So I've have not comments as much

Sep 23, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #402 of 1,871
Sep 23, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #403 of 1,871
Today I tried to put my FAW Hybrid CIEM cable on my oriolus, the connector fits on one side but not on the other. Do anyone else have this issue? What can I do ? 

Sep 23, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #404 of 1,871
  Today I tried to put my FAW Hybrid CIEM cable on my oriolus, the connector fits on one side but not on the other. Do anyone else have this issue? What can I do ? 

I don;t have Oriolus iems, but I did buy an Oriolus cable to use with my Merlin V2s....  it played, but kept slipping out.  Looks like the Oriolus is .76mm and the cable you bought is the slightly bigger .78mm.  I am speculating here, based on the experience I had- but I would be careful.  BTW, the copper Oriolus cable was very good, although I did return it.

Hope that helps.

Sep 25, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #405 of 1,871
Anyway Oriolus v2 the worst part was treble roll off.
Incoming iBasso IT03 world be better than these

Unfortunetly I can't find any area where IT03 has better quality than Oriolus (in term of sound and build quality), and Oriolus' treble is definitely better with micro detail and smoothness. Some people will praise IT03 fiting though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back