Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Sep 25, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #406 of 1,871
Unfortunetly I can't find any area where IT03 has better quality than Oriolus (in term of sound and build quality), and Oriolus' treble is definitely better with micro detail and smoothness. Some people will praise IT03 fiting though.

Agree with MiddleSky. If anything to critique about the Oriolus between it and the IT03, it would be how much more solid the IT03 bass is... but IMO you sacrifice a lot of the open sound for heavier bass.

The oriolus' highs are not insanely extended like for example Campfire Audios offerings but ot makes up for it with a richer bass and more body to its mids.

Sep 25, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #408 of 1,871
Hey guys, what's the difference between the version that's available on Amazon and the Japanese version? Is it just a cable difference that makes the cost of the Japanese one 200 or so bucks more? I also see Amazon selling a carbon fiber version.

Also, can this IEM be used while directly connected to a mobile device without a dedicated amp?

Lastly can someone share pictures of this in their ears to show how they fit and their relative size perhaps to the shure 846. I am interested in these but also want to use them while being active and a bit worried about the size and fitting and durability for that use case. Thanks.

Sep 25, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #410 of 1,871
Sep 25, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #411 of 1,871
did someone compare the oriolus and andromeda IEM ? 

Sep 25, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #417 of 1,871
If all goes well I will be getting the dp100 and the new IEM, comes down to the price I want them for. I can never say no to a good deal. If the IEM is out of my budget I will get the dap alone and report back.

Love my daps, I am down one after selling my shanling M3.

Sep 25, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #418 of 1,871
If all goes well I will be getting the dp100 and the new IEM, comes down to the price I want them for. I can never say no to a good deal. If the IEM is out of my budget I will get the dap alone and report back.

Love my daps, I am down one after selling my shanling M3.

I'm not sure there is a new IEM...I think 10BA is part of the model number of the DAP or amp?

Sep 25, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #420 of 1,871
Hey guys, what's the difference between the version that's available on Amazon and the Japanese version? Is it just a cable difference that makes the cost of the Japanese one 200 or so bucks more? I also see Amazon selling a carbon fiber version.

Also, can this IEM be used while directly connected to a mobile device without a dedicated amp?

Lastly can someone share pictures of this in their ears to show how they fit and their relative size perhaps to the shure 846. I am interested in these but also want to use them while being active and a bit worried about the size and fitting and durability for that use case. Thanks.

you need decently sized ears to fit the oriolus snugly. they fit me really well, but the 846 is much lighter and I wouldn't suggest using the oriolus when 'being active'. Apart from the size, its insertion depth isn't very deep either, although this can be fixed with longer tips. I've tried ATH silicon tips and they were very snug, I imagine something like SpinFits will work too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back