OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program
Feb 6, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #931 of 991
Long-time lurker, joined specifically to request to join in here. Been considering the PM3 for a while and just now found out about the loaner program. Very much interested and agree to the terms and conditions. Thanks!

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #934 of 991
Feb 19, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #935 of 991
I asked this in the PM2 thread as well, I am actually interested in how the Oppo PM range sounds like - albeit we have the models mentioned inside AVstore showroom if I recall this well. 

So I'm not actually dying to enter the tour as I can give them a listen inside AVstore's showroom - just a bit curious how those would sound if used with my own music / equipment. 

Please let me know if you plan / manage the tour to go through Romania 
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #936 of 991
does pm3 pair well with ha1? cant afford pm1/2 upfront

the specs for the ha1 say things like 3200mw into 32 ohm balanced //unblanced or similar. howcome then the pm1/3 with 26/32 impedence are not blown to pieces by ha1? how did oppo make this possible for their headphones to work so well with such a powerful amp. other amps with less power out would blow such low impedence cans. cheers 
what is the magic that oppo have done to make their low impedence headphones sound great with a beast like ha1.

Feb 22, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #938 of 991
  does pm3 pair well with ha1? cant afford pm1/2 upfront

the specs for the ha1 say things like 3200mw into 32 ohm balanced //unblanced or similar. howcome then the pm1/3 with 26/32 impedence are not blown to pieces by ha1? how did oppo make this possible for their headphones to work so well with such a powerful amp. other amps with less power out would blow such low impedence cans. cheers 
what is the magic that oppo have done to make their low impedence headphones sound great with a beast like ha1.

Our headphones pair very well with the HA-1. The magical secret to not blowing the headphone drivers is to turn the volume down. 3 W output into a 32 Ohm load is the maximum power output - that doesn't mean you would actually want or need to use that much power, though.

Mar 10, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #941 of 991
Mar 14, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #942 of 991
So after my Denon AH-mm400 headband broke literally while I was wearing them, I'm once again on the hunt for new daily headphones. Seeing this loaner program actually puts the PM3's back on the consideration list, because I don't want to buy anything I haven't auditioned. I'm considering the B&W P7 (wired and wireless), Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 (wired and wireless), Master & Dynamic MH40 and the Oppo PM3.

I'd love to get a chance to test these out as I consider my next set. Thanks in advance!

Mar 22, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #944 of 991
My loaners will be going out to the next person in the next day or so. Really like them. Bought my own pair. I do think these have seen better days. I would say the headband has been stretched quite a bit and I think the pads are worn pretty well. Not complaining, happy to have had the opportunity to try them.

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #945 of 991
I'm going to be out of the office for the next two weeks, so I won't be coordinating shipping addresses via PM during that time.

The loaner program order is listed in the first post of this thread, so please communicate with each other via PM to share shipping addresses and tracking numbers. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back