OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program
May 1, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #961 of 991
Is this still going on? If so, it would be amazing if I could be added to the list. I was literal seconds from completing an order for these when an acquaintance gave me a head's up on this program. I wholeheartedly agree to the terms and conditions.

May 1, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #962 of 991
It would seem Jiffy is back, as the 1st post here was updated yesterday, I'll have these till Thursday, and hopefully by then I'll hear back from him as to what he'd like done with this. I have no issue shipping to another user

but let's wait and see what he decides, I'm sure he'll update the list with the next couple of participants

Yep, I'll send you a PM once I get the address for the next participant.

May 1, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #964 of 991
FYI you can go to their HQ in Menlo Park, CA and listen to all their products for free. No hassle. I've done it and walked out buying the HA2

May 2, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #965 of 991
Thus far, I have to say I'm really impressed with the PM 3, the sub bass is really impressive, the isolation is amazing and the comfort is spot on! And these have a nice personality to them, not quite as lifeless as the open back Oppo PM2s,

All in all, the Oppo PM3 is an incredibly impressive headphone! Well built, it's super easy to carry around and by far one of the most comfortable headphones I've worn in a while. Plus it's easy to drive and voiced beautifully. It's a headphone that has a unique but easily adaptable sound signature, that makes it a real pleasure

My closing thoughts of the PM3, my offical review of them is here. I'll be making another post with direct comparisons between the PM3 and my Modded ATH ES10 later this week.

Additionally, my unit was shipped out yesterday to the next person in the tour. I apologize, I do not know your Head Fi username

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #966 of 991
Hello! I would like to participate and I agree to the terms and conditions.

May 13, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #968 of 991
I had a chance to try out the OPPO PM-3, and boy howdy, do they live up to expectations. My toes are still being dipped into the pool of headphone enthusiasm, so my diction will be lacking. The short answer to whether or not you should buy these headphones is yes, buy them. What convinced me to eventually purchase a pair for myself was something rather subtle. When comparing these headphones to my ATH-M50x using an array of song genres, one peculiarity to catch my interest was the difference in clarity. ATH-M50x will work perfectly fine if you already own them, but if you want to not just hear good sound, but hear the quality of sound as if being in the room with the instruments, go with the OPPO PM-3. I was completely taken by surprise with the amount of detail these headphones provided. I heard so much more from these headphones even while listening to one of my favorite tracks. To not just hear the beat of the drum, but also the reverberation as the sound slowly drifts away from within the instrument brings back memories of my times in a marching band. I eagerly await my eventual purchase of these headphones, and you should too.

Jul 4, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #970 of 991
Hey guys, received the headphones. They sound amazing. Absolutely love them and think they're worth the price tag as well. There's so much detail that I missed with other cans, but what I love most is that they aren't sibilant or harsh in the treble. And they're extremely comfortable. Gah thanks Oppo for the "Oppo-rtunity" to demo these. Lol.

Jul 18, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #971 of 991
Please sign me up, I agree to the terms and conditions.

Aug 6, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #972 of 991
Pm sent. If not too late I would love to sign up. I just heard about this from a friend and would be my first time listening to Planar Magnetic headphones.

Sep 7, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #973 of 991
I received these headphones and have had the opportunity to try them out. I would like to thank Oppo for this. I had a chance to hear these once very short term at Axpona in Chicago, enough to have me interested, but a long term listening experience was so much better. I have a strong preference for planar speakers compared to conventional designs due to the effect they have on transverse waves. My first impression was that they were too heavy, and not quite big enough to go over my ears. After extended use, this was not as much of problem (my sennheisers still fit more comfortably), but I found them still to be plenty comfortable.

Thanks again for letting us audition these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back