OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program
Jul 11, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #861 of 991
I'd like to try the PM-3. I agree to the terms. 

What is the typical wait time before receiving them?

Jul 15, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #868 of 991
My week with the PM-3s has concluded. I thought they were great headphones, but need a good amplifier to get the best sound, unlike my Fiio E18. Ready to be contacted with shipping info for the next participant.

Jul 19, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #869 of 991
US-Unit #3 on its way to reginalb. I am a huge fan of VMODA M100 and after trying PM-3, I am picking one up for myself. They are really comfy to use on road and at work.
Thanks Jiffy Squid once again for this PM-3 loaner program.

Jul 19, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #870 of 991
Here's a mini review of the PM-3's while I work on the full one:

The Oppo PM-3 to me is very similar to the AKG sound signature except colder, a touch more bassy, and without the massive sound stage of the K/Q series. I personally have the Q701s hooked up to the Fiio E18 as my main setup, and I used the same amplifier for my testing with the PM-3s. I didn't think the PM-3 amplified well with the E18, despite the sound having many qualities of my main setup. I felt everything seemed a little unnatural, mainly because the tight sound stage exposing all of the flaws of the E18, where the Q701's wide as hell stage hid those flaws. I concluded that these would make great portable headphones for those looking for the AKG sound signature in a portable form, unlike the AKG K553s (another review I need to make) which to me sound very lackluster, especially in the lows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back