OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program
Jan 23, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #676 of 991
Everything sounds good out of the c5,no joke! Nice big soundstage, beautiful euphoric mids, good slam, great bass extension.

This headphone is so easy to wear and take out if the house. Plus it is easy to drive. I am completely addicted to the planar sound at this point, so I think I will buy this when I have to give the loaner back.

Some people are saying this is not a fast headphone. I love speed in a headphone and the pm3 sounds fast to me. Just as fast as my alpha prime and old 400i.

Jan 23, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #677 of 991
  I (literally) listened to it all day. , but paired with a dragonfly 1.2 and cayin c5 (seperate setups) it has really grown on me, to the point I kind of want to keep it. It's a very nice sounding headphone, I do like a neutral signature.

I had the same impression (Comfy, no fatigue, good neutral sound, not too exciting) and I also LOVED the pairing with the Audioquest...my favorite setup for the PM3. I "only" have a Fiio X3 (1st gen) which was awesome as well, but I'll likely upgrade soon. Thanks for the Cayin impressions...I'll put that one on my list.

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #678 of 991
Everything sounds good out of the c5,no joke! Nice big soundstage, beautiful euphoric mids, good slam, great bass extension.

This headphone is so easy to wear and take out if the house. Plus it is easy to drive. I am completely addicted to the planar sound at this point, so I think I will buy this when I have to give the loaner back.

Yeah I had the Cayin c5 a long time ago back when it first came out I believe when you had to order straight from asia if I remember correctly. I used them with my HE-560's from bed and with my ZMF x Vibro, I no longer have them but the Fii E12A(IEM version) sounds very good with this headphone, the PB2 sounds great with everything I have used so far with the current buffer and op amps that I installed. I used it most though with the Meier 2stepdance because it gives it some width, keeps up wiht the speed of planar sound, and a very transparent, natural, detailed sound with still sounding musical.

I am loving the headphones so far.. I have a larger than average than ears because I have larger than average size skull, and the headphones are a bit snug and the pads do not encompass my ears without touch my ears. Thankfully after some time and adjusting even though I know it is a firm clamp and snugger fit around the ears; it does feel comfortable and secure on my head unlike some other headphones. 

Feb 1, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #686 of 991
I received unit 8 today and will post again after I've had time to give them a fair audition. All I can say for now is they are certainly well made and sturdy. They are also very comfortable in spite of being awkwardly sized for my ears. A little too small to be "over the ear" and too big for an "on the ear" My ears are fairly large so this likely wouldn't be a problem for most people.
More to come

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #687 of 991
I am interested in being a part of the Oppo pm-3 loaner program and I agree to the terms and conditions listed.

I just remembered that I will be gone for a week at the tail end of March, so I want to make sure that these would arrive by March 15th. If not I would have opt out of the loaner program. Could anyone give me an idea of where I might sit time wise if I join the program? I am in the US.

Feb 3, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #688 of 991
I got Unit #3 today!!! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back